• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilp174

What is the name of your state?Minnesota
I don't know if this the right spot to put this but I have this person and their dad blaming me for Identity theft but I have no Idea what they are talking about. I hadn't heard anything else about it for about three months and just the other day some one sent a messege to me saying the police know about it but I don't even know where the acusations came from. I had been talking to the person's dad about it before and told him that I would help in any way to figure out who actually did it and I didn't hear anything back so I figured that they figured it out. What should I do on the whole situation? I am so confused and kind of scared for getting introuble for something I didn't do. :mad:

ldkirby

Is this related to your divorce? It sounded as though that got a bit sticky, so I am wondering if your ex- or someone- could have set you up?

lilp174

For one this is the real story if I knew more about it I could tell. But since I don't know anything more about it then there really isn't much I can say also, this doesn't have anything to do with my divorce at least I don't think so. Like I said before I don't really want to get blamed for something I didn't do.

calatty

If you really didn't do anything, then you shouldn't be worried. The DA has to have probable cause to believe you did something to bring a case against you. Probable cause means more than just someone's unfounded accusation.

lilp174

that was all that I was pretty much asking, I don't know how the systems work so I wanted to figure out if they would actually get me in trouble for something that I didn't do but I guess your right I have no reason to worry.
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">