• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have an arrest warrent in IL from 4 years ago. But i live in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sehoward

North Carolina I live in NC now but have a felony arrest warrant in IL i have been pulled over since this warrant was issued 4 years ago and arrested and held in jail for 10 days just so IL would say that they werent coming to extradite me since then i have been pulled over again and nothing was mentioned about the warrant in IL. Today i googled myself and it said i was on the IL county where the warrant originateds most wanted im confused do they want me or not

Isis1

North Carolina I live in NC now but have a felony arrest warrant in IL i have been pulled over since this warrant was issued 4 years ago and arrested and held in jail for 10 days just so IL would say that they werent coming to extradite me since then i have been pulled over again and nothing was mentioned about the warrant in IL. Today i googled myself and it said i was on the IL county where the warrant originateds most wanted im confused do they want me or not
i STRONGLY recommend you speaking with an attorney and getting your legal problems taken care of.

outonbail

North Carolina I live in NC now but have a felony arrest warrant in IL do they want me or not
Today i googled myself and it said i was on the IL county where the warrant originateds most wanted
Survey says: Yes, they want you!

The warrant will remain in place until you appear in court to answer to it. Or, upon your death, whichever comes first.

There are also a number of other drawbacks that go along with having an active warrant out for your arrest.

You will not be able to qualify for social services or student loans. It can affect your drivers license status and create problems with obtaining insurance and it will of course, show up on any background checks you may have to pass for employment.

A felony warrant is to be taken seriously and being named on a city, county or state's most wanted list is a good sign that you will be facing some very serious charges.

You need an attorney and I imagine, a considerable sum of money for a bail bond.
I would be sure to have all my affairs in order before turning myself in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">