• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have A Bench Warrant???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dpotts007

What is the name of your state? Washington.
:confused:
I just found out yesterday that I have a bench warrant. I never received any notices in the mail, or phone calls about this. I've moved recently in the past years and maybe this could be the reason but I can't be that hard to contact. I'm told the bench warrant is for failure to appear in court on the charges of theft. All this is news to me :eek:
Why havn't I ever been notified of this in any way, shape or form it took a screening application doing a background check on me, for me to find out this information. The county this warrant was issued in is an hour drive away...and I lived there 2 years ago. I was also told the warrant expires sometime in 2007......what should I do?..should I go and clear my name?..should I wait it out?..Someone Help :confused:

essej

hello???

How could u not know u were supposed to be in court??? You obviously went to court sometime. They issued a bench warrant for failure to appear. Get an Attorney pronto. If u turn yourself in then the sentence will be better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">