• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

benzseller

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

A few months ago my e-wife shows up to pick up my son and brings 5 guys with her. I open the door and she says I better stop sending text messages to her or else…. I sent “you are all jack offs and are messing up my son”. She had 3 guys beside her and one was her new husband who I have never even meet before yet my son is directed to call him dad. After exchange of a few words with her one of them tells me I better watch my mouth and I tell him to get off my property. He tells me to come out in the street so he can kick my ass were keep in mind there are 2 more guys. I said if you think you can do it right here and then the other 2 start to walk across the street. My e-wife sends my son to the car and I tell them they have 10 seconds to leave and go inside to get my shotgun. I come back to the door and she is pulling off with her husband and my son while there are still 4 guys in my yard. I go outside with the gun pointed it at them and said again I told you to leave… they finally began to get in there car and 1 even waved bye. The other 2 guys were outside of there car directly across the street and 1 said we will be back so I then walked to them and forced them to leave. I go inside and call 911 telling the there were just 5 guys here threatening me and they told me to go outside. When I did I was arrested for 4 accounts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. How can I get out of this mess? If I win can I get my attorneys fees back from them? What are my chances of beating this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

Even in Texas you can't go pointing guns at people without risking assualt charges. Doesn't matter how upset you are with your ex or the way she interacts with them around your child.

You need a lawyer, this is very serious.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Even in Texas you can't go pointing guns at people without risking assualt charges. Doesn't matter how upset you are with your ex or the way she interacts with them around your child.

You need a lawyer, this is very serious.
Agreed. You were in public with a deadly weapon threatening four people with it. Quite frankly based on what YOU have stated, YOU are guilty.

benzseller

She came with 3 car loads of guys

The only thing he saw was me being threatened... my e-wife was pulling off with him when I went out to confront the other 4 in my yard...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The only thing he saw was me being threatened... my e-wife was pulling off with him when I went out to confront the other 4 in my yard...
YOU should have called the police. YOU had no right to pull a gun on anyone. YOU behaved improperly, inappropriately and illegally. And you, quite frankly, do not KNOW what he saw. You committed a number of serious crimes. You need an attorney.

dave33

Attorney 1st thing. You still have no idea what your adversaries statement says. I am fairly certain that there is likely to be differences in how the events occured. You need to wait and see what the case against you includes (discovery). This is the beginning of a process. Unless things change drastically and rapidly in your favor you may be dealing with this for a while. If you plan on fighting this (trial) there seems to be quite a few legal issues. Also, plea deals are also made during trials if the right set of circumstances are present. Get a competent lawyer and follow his advice. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">