• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need advice, quick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hello,
I had met someone who was quite younger than myself. I had only known him for a short time and he was slowly moving his clothes into my house. He had asked if he could drive my car to a mini market 1 mile away for cigerettes. it was late and I felt I could trust him. well he was gone approx 1/2 hr. I found him in his old neighborhood. he immediately came home. then one nite 1 and 1/2 weeks later he asked me if he could use my car to go and visit his mom. I told him its too late as it was close to 3:00 am. then he again asked if he could go see his dad. again I told him it was too late lets just to go bed and he can see these people tomorrow. Well, I went to bed and he said he was going to stay up and look thru the help wanted ads.When I woke up the next day between 12:00-1:00 pm you gest it. he and my car was gone. and as I looked around my house and a few days even after I noticed more and more things missing. well the police say because I knew him and he had access to the keys they cannot consider the car stolen. However later that nite while driving around I seen him and went to where I thought he was and parked behind on 1 vehicle with another vehicle I own.when he noticed me he started backing up into the vehicle so I put the vehicle I was in and backed up, which gave him room to leave. I believe that at that point when he left, that is theft of my vehicle. right? he knew I was there for a reason, to get the keys or the car but no he left and the police are still saying its not a theft. Is this correct? also they are saying its a civil matter. what kind of attnorney do I need?

rmet4nzkx

sheltielover said:
Hello,
I had met someone who was quite younger than myself. I had only known him for a short time and he was slowly moving his clothes into my house. He had asked if he could drive my car to a mini market 1 mile away for cigerettes. it was late and I felt I could trust him. well he was gone approx 1/2 hr. I found him in his old neighborhood. he immediately came home. then one nite 1 and 1/2 weeks later he asked me if he could use my car to go and visit his mom. I told him its too late as it was close to 3:00 am. then he again asked if he could go see his dad. again I told him it was too late lets just to go bed and he can see these people tomorrow. Well, I went to bed and he said he was going to stay up and look thru the help wanted ads.When I woke up the next day between 12:00-1:00 pm you gest it. he and my car was gone. and as I looked around my house and a few days even after I noticed more and more things missing. well the police say because I knew him and he had access to the keys they cannot consider the car stolen. However later that nite while driving around I seen him and went to where I thought he was and parked behind on 1 vehicle with another vehicle I own.when he noticed me he started backing up into the vehicle so I put the vehicle I was in and backed up, which gave him room to leave. I believe that at that point when he left, that is theft of my vehicle. right? he knew I was there for a reason, to get the keys or the car but no he left and the police are still saying its not a theft. Is this correct? also they are saying its a civil matter. what kind of attnorney do I need?
What state?
Did you report the theft immediatly upon discovery or did you continue to protect him?

Advice: It is best to not take in 2 legged strays.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">