• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Need The Facts...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jusbreal

What is the name of your state? Kansas
A daughter of someone that was arrested on drug charges found herself being arrested on the same charges. Nothing was found on her. She was living in the home with her father and sister. Her minor child was placed in custody and she is in jail/bond-$30,000. Her appt laywer told her she needed to bond out before the judge raised her bond AND that she was going to go to prison- period. The daughter has no priors- period. Thus the question-- Can they charge her? And what advice can you give in her behalf?

HomeGuru

jusbreal said:
What is the name of your state? Kansas
A daughter of someone that was arrested on drug charges found herself being arrested on the same charges. Nothing was found on her. She was living in the home with her father and sister. Her minor child was placed in custody and she is in jail/bond-$30,000. Her appt laywer told her she needed to bond out before the judge raised her bond AND that she was going to go to prison- period. The daughter has no priors- period. Thus the question-- Can they charge her? And what advice can you give in her behalf?
**A: it just sucks when your parents use/deal drugs. This daughter a not a minor, correct?

P

PrefersPrivacy

They are probably going to try to pressure her to give up information about the other(s). This may be in her best interest, in particular if she was, as you say, not involved. The prosecutors will want to make a deal, most likely.

She needs a lawyer and to do some real hard thinking.

J

jusbreal

Thank You....

I appreciate your response. Sincerely. I am certain that she has, is and will continue to realize how things like their situation (if u will) can completely take and keep... your life. Thank You.;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">