• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help first court date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dmo171

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Ok so I got charged with a misdemeanor of discharging a firearm in the city limits my wife was taking out the trash and the police followed her back to our door and asked if I had any weapons I said yes I have my concealed carry permit I admitted to firing off some rounds earlier and me and My wife was arrested my firearm was seized and I was charged with discharging a firearm as well as a conspiracy charge I plan on seeing an attorney soon but i work everyday the officers never read us our Miranda rights we both have court Sept. 23 so what should we do?

TigerD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Ok so I got charged with a misdemeanor of discharging a firearm in the city limits my wife was taking out the trash and the police followed her back to our door and asked if I had any weapons I said yes I have my concealed carry permit I admitted to firing off some rounds earlier and me and My wife was arrested my firearm was seized and I was charged with discharging a firearm as well as a conspiracy charge I plan on seeing an attorney soon but i work everyday the officers never read us our Miranda rights we both have court Sept. 23 so what should we do?
1. Shut up. Stop talking about it. You already confessed.
2. Get an attorney.
3. Listen to your attorney.

TD

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Stop paying so much attention to movies and TV shows - Miranda is not necessary unless you are interrogated while in custody. It is not necessary in most cases.

FlyingRon

I dont understand a couple things. What's the conspiracy? What and why is your wife being charged?
Especially since the NC conspiracy law only exists when the conspired-crime is a felony, not some local (misdemeanor) ordinance.

You need a lawyer (preferably one with local firearms experience).

What city was this and what exactly were you and your wife charged with? There's no state prohibition on discharging within city limits, that's got to be a count/city ordinance.

Dmo171

I got charged with discharging a firearm within the city limits of Jacksonville north Carolina and both me and My wife was also charged with conspiracy to discharge a firearm as well my wife was charged with resisting an officer because she tried to lie to them

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">