• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need help with my felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpmeplz11123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wisconsin

i pulled up to far and went over curb (not badly no damages ) not doing any damage some guy makes complaint to cops they show up and giving soberity tests passing 2-3 souposedly failing eye/pen with valid lien. w contacts being a requirement to drive i believe detained at this point ?? than cops walks up to my rental (driving bc of accident to my car insur issued from my insur having full coverage) only having it 1 day i was forsure detained by now conducted serch of me and vehicle without consent by me found a very very small amount of weed in my pocket instantly arrested than vehicle were to tabbacco used pipe products found inside car i was in cop car by than back of car pulling off atleast out of site of what cops did or doing when trunk was opened and found under 200 grams of weed and scale charged with 2 mistominor possions and poss. with intent went to 1st court date where i was offered 60 days and 2 yrs probation (i do have a clean record) for gulity plea for the poss. with intent i denied and next hearing in a week however im ?ing first what to do now and whats the best route for me to go i have public def but he really speaks for me only advising of procedings and what i have asked him to do(modify bond)sig bond of 3000 dallors no driving and zci (drug testing montoring). should i try and hire lawyer and fight or plea out best as possible ? and have my rights been violated ? and if i do go all the way to trial what are chance of things going in my favor?

facts in my favor i know (until i reicieve more info by report need a new 1 (lost)
rental car had 1-2 day max. - cop used unsubmittable evi to jury other than what he said for detaining and serching - cant prove where stuff came from in a rental car? - i had clean record 20 yr old male going to college and living on my own - it was late almost morning time and public place busy with several cars next to mine- contacts req. to drive - cops did not pull me over or see me hit curb when they arrivied car was placed in correct postion.- refused pretrail cop being put on stand.

facts not
cops found very small amount of weed on me - under 200 grams with scale in trunk and i was later proven to intoxcated

best outcome for me its dismissed based on cop had no right contiue invest. me after passing blowing 0.0, and walking the line successfully even with failing eye test but contacts are req for me to drive states on my driver liensce required (he should have known bad i have bad vision) and i have stigntisims whitch could effect results of test my eye sight is pretty bad he said dilated eyes well if u go from night time to huge flashlight in your eyes it will also have effect but ?ing why invest contiued with clean rec. and weed smell could have been prior owners ,unsure of how long of period company had, or any car or person nearby cars within inchs of where inves took place. i feel he used all things he just claims to violate or remove all my rights to do what he pleased but really i know this situation is ? in many ways shoud i try to plea out or contiue to trail if evi supressed id win if not how much worse would sentace get? cons. clean rec. would i get prision than for fighting and losing bc im being told just people around me i would and that aint a good outcome for just taking a good deal im extremely confused and concerned as can be sorry so long please help before i screw up in court for lack of criminal law

dave33

If at all possible retain private counsel. The money spent now could prove to be invaluable in the near/far future. At the very least he can most likely facilitate a plea deal that does not require jail time. At trial you will be at a supreme disadvantage with a p.d. They often times do not have the time, resources or zeal to mount a respectable defense. Your thread is hard to follow,but you have many questions only an attorney after reading the police report can answer. Talk to a few lawyers and if one seems offended by your arrest, hire him. goodluck.

swrdmbo

I had a very hard time following your post but I got this much...you were "high" on something and therefore the DUI. A little bit of info for you...when a light is flashed in your eyes in the dark your pupils CONSTRICT!!! not dilate!!

You drove your "rental car" over a curb. If someone reported seeing this I believe the officer was justified in his investigation.

You had pot in the front seat, along with a pipe, and there was more weed in the trunk with a scale. DO YOU REALLY THINK ANYONE IS GOING TO BUY THE LAME EXCUSE YOU ARE OFFERING UP ABOUT IT BEING AS RENTAL, AND AS SUCH IT COULD BE ANYONE'S POT??

Please do yourself a favor and never repeat that asinine excuse again.It is ridiculous and will do nothing to further your case.

If you have a clean record it is obviously only because you have been lucky.How did you wreck your car? I'm betting pot had something to do with that as well.

If you get an attorney, and get out of this without jail time,please consider giving up the dope.

Your post is borderline incoherent, and I am not wondering why. Get off the weed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">