• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Need Help! Warrant In Mn??? Out On Bail In Rhode Island!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nibaamakwa

What is the name of your state? I live in NC. I have a bench warrant for Felony posession of stolen property in MN, where i have four prior felony convictions. I was never charged. I was Arrested, booked, and held in the Dakota County Jail until Monday morning at which time i was released because the Farmington Police did not file the correct paperwork, so i was to be released. I have done some research and found i am still in the gray area on the Minnesota Sentencing Guideline if i am convicted. When I was released, I moved to RI where I am out on bail for Felony posession of an unregistered firearm, which i am going to appear for court on 12/06/2007 for Pre-Arraignment Conference. My only worry is whether or not i am going to be arrested for what happened in Minnesota, when i go to court in Rhode Island? I can deal with one of these cases at a time, but not both at once. I have a job now in NC, where i am living, which violates my bail in RI. Yet I am appearing for court, but don't want to lose my job. Can I have the Minnesota case tried in Rhode Island, where i am facing a more serious charge? What should i do?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? I live in NC. I have a bench warrant for Felony posession of stolen property in MN, where i have four prior felony convictions. I was never charged. I was Arrested, booked, and held in the Dakota County Jail until Monday morning at which time i was released because the Farmington Police did not file the correct paperwork, so i was to be released. I have done some research and found i am still in the gray area on the Minnesota Sentencing Guideline if i am convicted. When I was released, I moved to RI where I am out on bail for Felony posession of an unregistered firearm, which i am going to appear for court on 12/06/2007 for Pre-Arraignment Conference. My only worry is whether or not i am going to be arrested for what happened in Minnesota, when i go to court in Rhode Island? I can deal with one of these cases at a time, but not both at once. I have a job now in NC, where i am living, which violates my bail in RI. Yet I am appearing for court, but don't want to lose my job. Can I have the Minnesota case tried in Rhode Island, where i am facing a more serious charge?

:eek:

What should i do?
Stop breaking the law?? Get a brain? Prepare to spend the rest of your life in prison? Next time you are pulled over or have ANY contact with LE you will be arrested for the multiple warrants you know have out for your arrest. You will stay in jail until ONE of the LEA's decide to get you. You really are looking at a 3 strikes life imprisonment. I strongly suggest you go back to RI and hire a Criminal Defense Attorney to help you sort out your many, many felony issues.

Shay-Pari'e

:eek:

Stop breaking the law?? Get a brain? Prepare to spend the rest of your life in prison? Next time you are pulled over or have ANY contact with LE you will be arrested for the multiple warrants you know have out for your arrest. You will stay in jail until ONE of the LEA's decide to get you. You really are looking at a 3 strikes life imprisonment. I strongly suggest you go back to RI and hire a Criminal Defense Attorney to help you sort out your many, many felony issues.
I don't see him not breaking the law. Different states, and has moved out of the state he is on porole from. I don't think he likely cares if he breaks the law, just looking for an easy way out, and that is NOT going to happen.

Just Blue

I don't see him not breaking the law. Different states, and has moved out of the state he is on porole from. I don't think he likely cares if he breaks the law, just looking for an easy way out, and that is NOT going to happen.
I agree...This OP is making bad choice after bad choice...He will end up imprisoned for the rest of his life....It's really sad that someone has such low self worth that they would throw away their future/freedom like this.:(

Shay-Pari'e

I agree...This OP is making bad choice after bad choice...He will end up imprisoned for the rest of his life....It's really sad that someone has such low self worth that they would throw away their future/freedom like this.:(
Ditto!******************************************.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">