• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need hepl.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T.C Kuy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida.
Before you read this. I know that im stupid. But i do need help. Here is my situation. I been broke up with my girl friend in a week. One day i saw her with other boy was eatting at the restaurant. Some how i got jealous and beat up the boy. He was in the bad condition. His mouth bleeding and his face mess up. I got arrest after that. I spent one night at the jail. Any one have an idea that what type of charges am i going to get? They just give me a court day.

cyrus_2112

in my state, battery resulting in injury, that is injury that can be substantiated can be charged as a felony. Simple battery like touching someone in a rude or angry manner is considered to be a class B misdemeanor. If you strike someone, that is a class A misdemeanor, and if you cause injury, it can be charged as a Class D felony. Depending on the degree of injury, it can even be charged up to a Class B felony. So, good luck and keep a lid on that temper.

outonbail

Not only will you be charged for the assault and suffer the consequences of having a criminal record for physical violence for the rest of your life, you will also have to pay fines, be placed on probation, pay for / attend anger management classes, complete community service and pay other incidentals such as court costs, victim restitution arrest/booking costs, probation department costs etc.

In addition, you will be responsible for all the victims medical costs and pain & suffering. Depending on the severity of his injuries, this can start at $5,000.00 if you are lucky enough for the case to be heard in small claims. If he was hospitalized, small claims will not cover it, as you may then be looking at tens of thousands in medical costs and thousands in attorney and court costs.

If the criminal courts don't teach you to keep your emotions under control and your hands to yourself by taking your freedom, the civil courts will teach you by taking everything else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">