• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Need Sum Advise..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

josur1

I Need Sum Advise..PLEASE.

:confused:Im from California, and I just got into some trouble...I've never had any problems with the law, no prior(cleanrecord)im a good human being all around. I was driving home one night from a party..Drowsy and tipsy (kinda), but some how I fell asleep on the wheel and slammed into the center divider.. not expecting it, it startled me. It was to late...CHP roled up on me as soon as I tried to drive it off.. came right on time, perfect..So Im in the back of the squad car, when the officer walked up and asked me about the 9mm I had forgot to mention.. "I found it a while back ago"...but he wasnt havin it. Now im out on bail and I dont know what might happen to me, I went to court and the Officer hadnt filed the case yet so they gave me another court date..No priors, or nothing like that, so what should I be expecting and should I get a lawyer for this?..Can anyone give me sum advise?...I need help.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

I get the feeling that someone is pulling my leg here. I'm not having any of it either.

Sober up before you post again.
You need a lawyer or a psychologist.

mommyof4

Some. Some. Some.

Sum is the total when adding two or more numbers.:rolleyes:

So you were drunk, passed out at the wheel, got busted (how absolutely HORRIBLE of the police to show up when you smashed the car while passed out), and then 'forgot' to mention the 9 mm you just happened to have found somewhere, somehow, sometime.

Yeah....

Get an atty. You need it.

josur1

help..

I have a court date on the tweny of next month..I havent even told my family.. They'll kill me if they found out.. So i'll start lookiin for an atty..

josur1

Now, what should I expect?

Ive never been in a cituation like this...what should I expect am I facing jail time?. I work long hours and I might get fired..

CdwJava

Ive never been in a cituation like this...what should I expect am I facing jail time?. I work long hours and I might get fired..
Before ANYONE can answer what potential jail time you face, you would have to provide the specific statutes you have been charged under.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">