• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I wasen't driving at the time!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jnascarfan24

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Florida
I was arrested on June 9th. The cops said they seen me driving. I was driving on my private road then swiched with my husband. They pulled us over 5 streets later and arrested me for driving! I have no licence I'm a habitual offender but i always thought it was ok to drive on a private road. I'm i wrong. or are they wrong for arresting me for driving when i wasen't at the time of arrest?

Curt581

jnascarfan24 said:
I was arrested on June 9th. The cops said they seen me driving. I was driving on my private road then swiched with my husband. They pulled us over 5 streets later and arrested me for driving! I have no licence I'm a habitual offender but i always thought it was ok to drive on a private road. I'm i wrong. or are they wrong for arresting me for driving when i wasen't at the time of arrest?
All they need is to see you driving. When they actually stopped you is irrelevant.

It is NOT okay for you to drive, private road or not.

Since you're a habitual offender, I suppose telling you to stop driving would be a waste of time, wouldn't it?

I hope you like Jail, because that's where you're going to end up.

AmosMoses

If you are notorious enough that the police recognized you driving and went after you for it, well, whose word do you think the judge is gonna take as far as wehn/where you were driving? Your's and your husband's or the police officer's? The bad thing about being a repeat offender is that eventually someone is gonna say, "Well, THIS time I am gonna show her how serious this matter is!" I hate to even ask, but why drive w/o a license when your husband is with you in the vehicle?! I expect that your moniker refelcts your attitude, and has a lot to do with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">