• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Identity Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JJBON1

What is the name of your state? california
female single parent of 2,i work 2 jobs and both jobs require a life scan every year.my so called friend who was sometimes homeless would come over and babysit for me when my kids were off track(no school) last week i was arrested for identity theft/false impersonation? she was filling out credit apts over ther internet and they would come to myapt address, when she asked if she could recieve mail at my address i had no reason to say no, but then again this kinda thing never came to mind.long story short , i was told by my ex friend that these credit cards she was filling out,she was doing for an older friend/drug addict whom didnt care as long as she got paid for them . well since my friend paid no bills, when she would give me a gas card to use i used it,but didnt fill up tank ,and except for 1 time only i paid her back for the gas i used thinking shes gotta put it towards a bill... well i o.r'ed got out just in time to not miss work which is for a juvi hall/group home..detective called 2 days ago and said that ,everything my friend applied for and or used, i will be charged for......help is this true? i dont have a record never been arrested,infact i went to police station when they arrested me...
im sure/ positive if they do some back round checking, they will see that anything she was using i.e gas card credit cards, a.tm. machines, they will see i was at work during these times.... i have court july18 2003 am i going to jail????? im women enough to say i enjoyed the benifts of having gas for that wk to get to wrk..if im guilty of anything it would be , stupidity,not realizing ,to good to be true,plus i really thought she and this women had something wrked out , she even introduced me to her one day older blk women/only to find out thename she was using belonged to an even older white women...please someone som advice i dont want to go to jail......i have no record will the judge have some mercy for me....................thank you all..........

Son of Slam

JJBON1 said:
... she was filling out credit apts over ther internet and they would come to myapt address, when she asked if she could recieve mail at my address i had no reason to say no,...., i was told by my ex friend that these credit cards she was filling out,she was doing for an older friend/drug addict ....she would give me a gas card to use i used it,... im women enough to say i enjoyed the benifts of having gas .... i really thought she and this women had something worked out , she even introduced me to her one day older blk women/only to find out the name she was using belonged to an even older white woman, will the judge have some mercy for me....................thank you all..........

You would have been guilty of less, if you had done it all yourself, instead of involving two others.

J

JJBON1

thanks,son . yes pleases any advice would be so so so so apreaciated. im really getting depressed here....i dont want to lose my children and/go to jail....given my clean back round, do i have a chance on staying free,perhaps just recieving probation?

thank you s.o.s

HomeGuru

Give me a break. You were using a gas charge card that was not in your name and not even in the name of your so called friend. ID theft, fraud and other counts.

J

JJBON1

i understand how it looks and how it sounds,but really ,whenever i would get gas she would usually be there with me or she would,meet me where ever i was getting gas from..like i said she was there(my apt) to watch my children when i was at work. im a single mom i work 2 jobs , which by the way , both my jobs require life scan printing....please someone,i would just appreciate some positive/as well as the negative feedback.she(my so called friend-now ex friend)bought my kids so much stuff i.e. clothes,shoes,toys and stuff i couldnt afford, i told her she didnt need 2 do all these things,i thought she was doing because i helped her out for so long never made her pay rent,food,utilities. but i trully didnt know she had applied for so many credit cards.she said she knew this women even introduced me to her,the women was ok with my ex friend filling out those credit ap's she said as long as my friend paid the bill,she had n/p.said wshe knew how it was being young once with bad credit. and yes to all you reader's out there (yes i do feel dumber than dumb,..i have no $$ so im guessing they will appoint me a public defender? and if so will this p/d really be working in my best behalf.....see,ing as the public defender and the d.a work together day? thanks all...........

C

crespillo

Re: Re: Identity Theft

Son of Slam said:
You would have been guilty of less, if you had done it all yourself, instead of involving two others.
so hey what advice can u give me,,,,,,,,,,would be greatly appreciated thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">