• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if i tell you to get off my property, don't you have to?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angieatky

What is the name of your state? kentucky
me and my husband were arguing, and his mom came over, the police came and i asked them to make her leave, they wouldn't we argued and i wound up going to jail for disorderly conduct, i always thought if someone was on your property and you told them to leave, they had to, where else was i suppose to go, i was at my own home, they never asked my husband if he wanted her there or not, they just let her stay, even though i was telling them and her she needed to go. is this right? can i fight this when i go to court? thanks

HomeGuru

angieatky said:
What is the name of your state? kentucky
me and my husband were arguing, and his mom came over, the police came and i asked them to make her leave, they wouldn't we argued and i wound up going to jail for disorderly conduct, i always thought if someone was on your property and you told them to leave, they had to, where else was i suppose to go, i was at my own home, they never asked my husband if he wanted her there or not, they just let her stay, even though i was telling them and her she needed to go. is this right? can i fight this when i go to court? thanks
**A: yeah right and you gave us your one-sided biased story.

JETX

"is this right?"
*** Based on the information in your post, no. If the other person has no legal right to premises, you have the right to demand that they leave. If they don't, you have the right to contact the police to 'help' her leave. If she still refused, the police should have arrested her.

"where else was i suppose to go"
*** You should have left until things calmed down. Heck you could have made a run to the liquor store since it sounds like ya'll were about out.

"can i fight this when i go to court?"
*** No. The police officers failure to process the trespassing complaint is a totally separate issue from your charges.

A

angieatky

noone was drinking, and my other sister in law has the same problems with her, she only has the two sons and tries to run thier lives, no the story isn't one sided my neighbors and children know what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">