• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If there are no arrest warrant, does it means I'm clean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nsxtascy

Hi,
About 10 years ago FBI agent raid my apartment. They came in with search warrant to collect evidence and took my statement. They kept telling me this is not arrest and I have the right not to answer any question they ask. At that time I was selling fake branded bags in eBay.com. After they collect all the evidence they left the apartment and I left the country few days after. Its been 10 years since and i began to check around to see if I have any arrest warrant back in States. I called Police department warrant bureau and my name was not there. Then I check at instantcheck.com and its clean too.

My question is, if I even return to USA for holiday or attend trade show, will i get arrested at immigration?

Thank you.

OHRoadwarrior

Possibly yes. A warrant will only show in certain computers you are unlikely to have access to. The police are unlikely to advise you that you have a warrant as it defeats the purpose of catching you.

nsxtascy

Possibly yes. A warrant will only show in certain computers you are unlikely to have access to. The police are unlikely to advise you that you have a warrant as it defeats the purpose of catching you.
I guess the only way to find out is to hire lawyer to find out.

CavemanLawyer

If it was the FBI that investigated this then any charges filed would probably be federal not state. If you called the state police agency they are not going to run an NCIC check of the national database for you. It would actually probably be illegal for them to do that. They are going to look and see if THEY have a warrant out for you which they will not.

An outstanding federal warrant absolutely is not going to be listed on public record search sites like instantcheck.com.

The closest thing you could probably do would be to check the internet to see if you have ever been listed on any wanted lists that are periodically published. Other than that you'd have to come visit the States and see what happens.

nsxtascy

My lawyer want 5 grand to run the check. But Im not sure if they can really get all the info I wanted. I know they can go to court and pull all the record to see if I'm wanted.

When FBI came with search warrant, my room mate name was listed in the search warrant. And recently he requested FBI criminal record check and his was clean.. That document was legal document needed to process to get Aussie citizenship.. So I doubt they send bogus document that clear his name.

I guess I have to request that same document to see if im ok

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">