• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illeagal search?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crow9141

alabama we live in an apartment .the other night my wife and I were having an arguement and some one calls the police or they said somebody called.About a month ago the same thing happend except it was the people in the unit above us was raiseing hell ,I know cause my mom heard the call on the scanner,well the police came to the wrong door.When they knocked I just opened the door and started to tell them they were at the wrong apartment they just made every body get aganst the wall and started searching.Needless to say they found some meath and some pot,I was taken to jail.I got an attorney and we are about to have it thrown out due to illeagal search issues ,but my court date got put off,I must have embarassed them because this time they came in there was nothing said about any domestic calls but "do you have any drugs in this house?" After being caught last time all I had was two joints in the bedroom and thats what I told them.So one of them walks to the bedroom and returns with what he said was 32grams of meath of whitch I didn`t have,.no pot I think they`ve set me up because of last time.This is two local police,not the drug unit in our county.I never saw the bag of dope he said he found in my bedroom.What can I do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

crow9141 said:
alabama we live in an apartment .the other night my wife and I were having an arguement and some one calls the police or they said somebody called.About a month ago the same thing happend except it was the people in the unit above us was raiseing hell ,I know cause my mom heard the call on the scanner,well the police came to the wrong door.When they knocked I just opened the door and started to tell them they were at the wrong apartment they just made every body get aganst the wall and started searching.Needless to say they found some meath and some pot,I was taken to jail.I got an attorney and we are about to have it thrown out due to illeagal search issues ,but my court date got put off,I must have embarassed them because this time they came in there was nothing said about any domestic calls but "do you have any drugs in this house?" After being caught last time all I had was two joints in the bedroom and thats what I told them.So one of them walks to the bedroom and returns with what he said was 32grams of meath of whitch I didn`t have,.no pot I think they`ve set me up because of last time.This is two local police,not the drug unit in our county.I never saw the bag of dope he said he found in my bedroom.What can I do?

My response:

How much are your legal bills?

IAAL

R

reeBrelliM

Your Quote
"..well the police came to the wrong door. When they knocked I just opened the door and started to tell them they were at the wrong apartment they just made every body get aganst the wall and started searching.Needless to say they found some meath and some pot, I was taken to jail"
End Quote

**Some advise for ya, don't ever just open up the door if you don't know who is on the other side of it, especially after your mom heard that the cops were coming on the scanner. And you certainly shouldn't have answered the door if you had over an ounce of meth, pot, and god only knows whatever else. I'm sorry, ...but that was just plain ignorant.

Your Quote
"After being caught last time..."
End Quote

**Well, that means that you had prior dope charge(s) or PCS charges on ya, so it's likely that they would have been familiar with you already, and knew what to expect. My guess is that you'll have another drug offense on ya now.

That "meath" is some really bad sh!t dude! It's the devils drug.

I wish you the best of luck!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">