• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal detention?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violetptak

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? N.y.
My boyfriend was arrested for midermenor harassment do to getting mad at someone on the phone. He knows he wad wrong for stuff he said but he was frustrated. This wad over a year ago. They just arrested him on Thursday. His miranda rights never got read. The judge flat out refused him an attorney and one of the police officers knows an employee at the company he got mad at. The judge set bail at $150.000.00 to make sure he wadnt a "threat to the comunity". Now the jail refuses to give him a towel for basic hygiene. Told him use his sheet or blanket to dry off. Hes alsi diabetic and cant eat alot of the foodthry give him. The dr didnt want to even give him his insulin when his sugar was over 300. Hes not an animal. He has anger managment issues since he wad 8 yrs old. I want to sue for his mistreatment csn anything be done?

LdiJ

My boyfriend was arrested for midermenor harassment do to getting mad at someone on the phone. He knows he wad wrong for stuff he said but he was frustrated. This wad over a year ago. They just arrested him on Thursday. His miranda rights never got read. The judge flat out refused him an attorney and one of the police officers knows an employee at the company he got mad at. The judge set bail at $150.000.00 to make sure he wadnt a "threat to the comunity". Now the jail refuses to give him a towel for basic hygiene. Told him use his sheet or blanket to dry off. Hes alsi diabetic and cant eat alot of the foodthry give him. The dr didnt want to even give him his insulin when his sugar was over 300. Hes not an animal. He has anger managment issues since he wad 8 yrs old. I want to sue for his mistreatment csn anything be done?
The very best thing that you can do for your boyfriend is to help him get an attorney. An attorney is the only one who can help him secure his rights.

Just Blue

No. You "csn"(sic) not sue for his mistreatment. You "csn"(sic) hire an Attorney for him.

Eekamouse

Quit downplaying what your boyfriend's in jail for. Are you sure he isn't in for a felony? With that high of bail, the judge must consider him to be quite a threat to the community.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I absolutely do not believe that the poster's bf was arrested and jailed because he got mad at someone on the phone over a year ago. Either she's lying to us or the boyfriend is lying to her.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Harassment is a violation (normally a summonsable offense), punishable by 15 days in jail at most. There is NO WAY that bail would be set at 150,000 dollars - that's absurd.

You are leaving out alot of the story - if you even know what the story actually is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">