• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal search?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

adapterz

What is the name of your state? California
What is the name of your state? California
The police found 1.5grams of marijuana in the passenger seats vitamin canister that was in a closed backpack. The office asked "can i look at the car?" The driver said "yes you may look at the car." Does it matter if she didn't say seach? The police also didn't ask the passenger if she could open the packpack.

Bravo8

There is not enough information here to make a determination.

What were the circumstances of the stop? Were you advised you were free to go? Did the officer say "at the car" or "in the car"? Where was the backpack when the officer opened it? Where was the passenger who owned the backpack?

O

oberauerdorf

You got your answer in a previous post. Quit trying to get someone to agree with you. It won't happen

A

adapterz

What were the circumstances of the stop? we were on the roof of a garage. The office thought we were stealing cars. she even asked if we had a blue striped shirt. i guess that was what was matching the guy.
opened it?

Where was the passenger who owned the backpack? He was taken out of the car first.

Were you advised you were free to go? ya after finding pot.

Did the officer say "at the car" or "in the car"? Where was the backpack when the officer opened it? it in the passengers seat.

im going to court today to plead not guilty and hope the cops dont show up. otherwise i think im just gonna pay the fine and find some way so it doesn't show up on my record. Im not 21 yet, will this go off my record at 21? someone told me that.

oh ya and she said "look at" the car. like she just wanted to see things in plain view. but i heard it doesnt matter. because the driver still gave consent? but where does this put me. i mean i got charged because marijuana is a communal drug. does it matter if we werent all using it at the time? no probable cause of marijuana smell thats for sure.

Last edited:

n_and

Ah, now I got you. The OP has 2 other threads in 'Drug Charges' where he recieved his legal answer. I guess he didn't like what I had to say. Go read his 2 other threads. One is the same as this one, the other is a big long story. I replied to both of them, but he started another thread here.

HomeGuru

n_and said:
Ah, now I got you. The OP has 2 other threads in 'Drug Charges' where he recieved his legal answer. I guess he didn't like what I had to say. Go read his 2 other threads. One is the same as this one, the other is a big long story. I replied to both of them, but he started another thread here.
**A: no thanks. I got enough crap to read and don't need more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">