• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this an illegal search and seizure?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kspice

What is the name of your state? MO
My brother was arrested for passing counterfiet monies. The police got a warrant to search for a computer and printer. They came in, took what they needed to their car, then came back in and started digging thru trash to find anymore counterfiet monies. They found a half of a bill that was burned and some empty vicadin sheets. (the kind you pop out of cardboard from a nurse). They looked in bedrooms and my mom's room. They found a sheet of vicadin with a few left in it. The problem is my mom is a nurse and had them from a patient where she works. They were expired and the patient no longer used them. At the police station they made her write a statement about having them, etc. If she is charged with this crime, she will lose her license to nurse for quite some time. Were the police legal to search her room and can she be charged because she wrote the statement if it turns out the search of her bedroom was illegal?

H

hexeliebe

Without a copy of the search warrant no one here can answer you.

As for the statement, why would an otherwise thinking person EVER write out a statement without the advise of an attorney present?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

In order for any of us to give you a legal opinion, it would be helpful if you could tell us whether this occurred in a single or double-wide trailer?

Are there any old refrigerators, toilets and/or cars up on blocks in the yard?

Once we have these answers, then we can tell you if anything is wrong.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Boy you and Mrs. Liable must have had one humdinger of a Saturday night for you to be so frisky big guy :D

HomeGuru

kspice said:
What is the name of your state? MO
My brother was arrested for passing counterfiet monies. The police got a warrant to search for a computer and printer. They came in, took what they needed to their car, then came back in and started digging thru trash to find anymore counterfiet monies. They found a half of a bill that was burned and some empty vicadin sheets. (the kind you pop out of cardboard from a nurse). They looked in bedrooms and my mom's room. They found a sheet of vicadin with a few left in it. The problem is my mom is a nurse and had them from a patient where she works. They were expired and the patient no longer used them. At the police station they made her write a statement about having them, etc. If she is charged with this crime, she will lose her license to nurse for quite some time. Were the police legal to search her room and can she be charged because she wrote the statement if it turns out the search of her bedroom was illegal?
**A: where was the Secret Service?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Re: is this an illegal search and seizure?

HomeGuru said:
**A: where was the Secret Service?
====================================

My response:

Sorry, but that's a secret. If our writer told us, our writer would have to kill all of us.

IAAL

P.S. Hello to my two good buddies, Homie and Hexy!

M

mental_assassin

hey yo! this person is looking for an answer from someone with a half a brain, all the rest of you answering with biased comments get to the back of the bus cause you arent helping out here, just making damn fools of yourselves.

Now, yes, she can lose her nursing license over this. And yes they can search the whole house.

Now.....watch and learn losers and if you are going to post so called answers, do it with a brain. You are boring the crap out of us who have a brain.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mental_assassin said:
hey yo! this person is looking for an answer from someone with a half a brain, all the rest of you answering with biased comments get to the back of the bus cause you arent helping out here, just making damn fools of yourselves.

Now, yes, she can lose her nursing license over this. And yes they can search the whole house.

Now.....watch and learn losers and if you are going to post so called answers, do it with a brain. You are boring the crap out of us who have a brain.

My response:

Hey yo! "Mental_Azzhole" - - your time is up!

Say good-bye!

IAAL

C

cjabg

"""My response:

Say good-bye!""""

I'm pretty sure this is what mental was speaking of. Not hard to prove a point around here.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cjabg said:
"""My response:

Say good-bye!""""

I'm pretty sure this is what mental was speaking of. Not hard to prove a point around here.

My response:

Good-bye. Too bad your stay here is so short.

IAAL

nailtech

Hey IAAL....

I haven’t been on in awhile, just popped in to see your notorious Top Ten Christmas list, I can't find one anywhere... :(

Lead me into the direction... or is this one about to spawn here.... hehehehhee ;)

I don't know why I stayed away so long... :p

other than kids keep me sooooooo busy nowdays....

C

cjabg

Larry,
It's nice to see your keeping busy. Hows the wife? A the littles ones starting basketball season this year, bet they aren't that little anymore? We got back from Burmuda last Tuesday, it was a real blast, we didn't see any pirates , but there was plenty of rum! Well I thought I would drop in and say hi, since this thread was for henhouse gossup!

P.S. Make sure you get the french manicure, it's by far the bestest!

nailtech

Hahaha… you’re confused with someone else…. I’m not Larry… although the French is popular… Red is more popular for the Holiday Season…!!!! :p

The most popular color for the season is OPIs' “I’m Not really a waitress”… an older color but by far the most favorite....
;)

I am happy you had a great time on vacation....:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">