• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal search and seizure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danielpierce3

What is the name of your state? tx the county sheriff came with a search warrant to search my business and a storage building located DIRECTLY behind it. There is no building directly behind mine. They searched my storage building which has a totally different address. They thought that I was in possession of stolen property which is apparent to them now that I was not. They had bad info. I was still arrested for conspiracy to commit theft.They have given some of my property back without legal representation.I wonder what will happen now? How do I get the rest of my stuff back? Are they in trouble? I have never cospired to commit a crime in my county. What about jurisdiction?What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

danielpierce3 said:
What is the name of your state? tx the county sheriff came with a search warrant to search my business and a storage building located DIRECTLY behind it. There is no building directly behind mine. They searched my storage building which has a totally different address. They thought that I was in possession of stolen property which is apparent to them now that I was not. They had bad info. I was still arrested for conspiracy to commit theft.They have given some of my property back without legal representation.I wonder what will happen now? How do I get the rest of my stuff back? Are they in trouble? I have never cospired to commit a crime in my county. What about jurisdiction?What is the name of your state?
Where (in relation to your main building) was the storage building they searched?

From your description, there is nothing wrong with the warrant.

moburkes

Okay, there is WAY more to THIS story...

danielpierce3 said:
What evidence did they use to arrest you?
Did they need legal representation to give you you property back?
I don't know what will happen now.
Is who in trouble? The police that arrested you?
Since you didn't conspire to commit a crime in your county, what is the name of the county in which you conspired to commit a crime?
Crimes aren't legal in any jurisdiction.

danielpierce3

reply illegal search and seizure

In relation to my main building, the storage building is located next door and is part of another building, like a strip mall where the businesses share a common roof, but are divided by walls internally. I do not know what evidence was used to arrest me.

justalayman

Well here is the good
If the search of the auxiliary building was improper, your attorney can get whateve evidence they seized from that property tossed as evidence against you.

I wonder what will happen now?
They will build their case and prosecute you.

How do I get the rest of my stuff back?
If they are considering this to be evidence, you aren't going to get it back at least until the trial or other disposition of your case.

I have never cospired to commit a crime in my county
I just love that statement. Apparently you committed crimes in other counties, eh?

If you brought anything illegal back into your county, you have committed a crime in your county as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">