• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Weapon Possession-Key Kat???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DoNotKnow1964

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I live in Tulsa, OK. There used to be a place that made an aluminum "key kat". I got one years ago & have carried it off & on for years now. I'd traveled via airport transportation with it within the last year even. I even showed it to police officers when I was assaulted several months ago.

Today, November 12, 2003, I was to board an airplane for a trip I was taking. I did not to get board for my flight as I was arrested...for carrying an "illegal weapon"! The "illegal weapon" being the "key kat". I've seen a plastice version of this on the internet. It's been suggested my version of the key kat should not have been considered an "illegal weapon" and the least they could have done was to take it vs "arresting me".

I am just wondering if ANYONE has ever known of the aluminum key kat & if it would be considered an "illegal weapon"? I was truly astonished, put out, humiliated, traumatized, and feel being arrested was unjust to say the least.

I'm certainly going to try to seek more legal advice. As of now, I'm out $225 with a court date! I've not been employed since June of this year & certainly not because I haven't been trying to find employment! But, this incident certainly has added to my to emotional & financial stress.

Any suggestions, feedback, and direction that could be of use will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time.

Tamara
Tulsa, OK

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

To say that you're an idiot is probably an understatement. Of course, it takes an idiot from Oklahoma to not understand the current "climate" in the United States - - especially on an airplane - - to attempt to bring a weapon on board.

You were an arrest waiting to happen. And, it's a good thing.

IAAL

D

DoNotKnow1964

thank you for your most outspoken words. the key-kat as I UNDERSTAND & have UNDERSTOOD is NOT an illegal weapon.

your rather rude to be posting such a reply in my opinion in addition to referring to me as an "idiot in oklahoma" certainly doesn't say much about you & your rudeness! but, that is your deal, not mine.

i or anyone else, can take a metal nail file, clippers, perfume, lighter, etc...and many other items i and others have discussed taking aboard while traveling. a plain set of keys can be used as a defense weapon also. just as other items noted can be used as a defense or harmful. yeesh...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DoNotKnow1964 said:
thank you for your most outspoken words. the key-kat as I UNDERSTAND & have UNDERSTOOD is NOT an illegal weapon.

your rather rude to be posting such a reply in my opinion in addition to referring to me as an "idiot in oklahoma" certainly doesn't say much about you & your rudeness! but, that is your deal, not mine.

i or anyone else, can take a metal nail file, clippers, perfume, lighter, etc...and many other items i and others have discussed taking aboard while traveling. a plain set of keys can be used as a defense weapon also. just as other items noted can be used as a defense or harmful. yeesh...

My response:

Good for you! Looks like you have all your defenses ready, and to explain them to the Federal Judge.

Here's a tip - - your defense has been tried before, on many occasions, and didn't work. Those people were sent to the Federal lockup.

Remember to tell your family about visiting hours.

Good luck - - you're going to need it.

IAAL

D

DoNotKnow1964

as i understand, it's been filed as a misdmeanor. believe your portraying a worst case senerio, which can always be good to be prepared for. although...in the brief time since this happened, don't believe i'll get into a twit about your seemingly "worst case" comments. well, getting some online feedback was a quick option.

i could be wrong about the situation, although, just because you've been a lawyer for 24 years & went to a very accreditated law school, won't mean your always right. and again, your referring to me as "an idiot from oklahoma" doesn't reveal very ethical, repectful feedback for someone who is to be a "professional".

one last thing. when a person isn't hardened criminal with any other offenses to this background etc., isn't trying to hid anything being brought/taken aboard & is a person who simply NOT AWARE of something such as a key kat being an AN ILLEGAL weapon, nor has a friend i know from the Tulsa Police Department heard of either...after 25 years on the force.

Appears a harsh, assuming & rude to tell someone "they had it coming" & bascially be sent up the river. yeesh. there are too many other real, intentional criminal acts that are overlooked. Then people such i with no such criminal intent or history, have the potential to be put through the wringer & have it coming? whatever you think.

D

DoNotKnow1964

A key-kay is____

it VERY similar to version kit-key.

if you do a search for...key kat,
you be able to find it at this site.

don't know if this link will work. but, you can do a search as noted.

http://cprequipment.safeshopper.com

H

happynow

Now that I see what it is, it's no wonder you got busted for it. You might as well had brass knuckles or a knife!!

D

DoNotKnow1964

key kat/kit kat

it VERY similar to version kit-key.

if you do a search for...key kat,
you be able to find it at this site.

happy whoever...you posted the wrong url link

J

JMere2002

Every attorney I know laughs at you people (you, know, farts in your general direction????). What the fuuuu are you even talking about (IAAL included)? Mind you, no lawyer I know would waste his/her time on this site, but when I tell them what goes on here, they chuckle and point at you - and plenty. It's fave cocktail party talk.

Oh, I'm sorry, you weren't invited??? My bad.

Try to NOT insult someone today just because you are so empty and possibly not a real lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">