• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegaly Detained By WalMart Assoicate. Pressing Charges.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Exactly, because it does not exist. Nobody has seen it ever.
believe whatever you want. Every company I have ever dealt with had policies that were limited in regards to whom had access to them. Walmart is no different. You think they put all that:

"if you talk about a union, we will fire you" in the manual they distribute to every employee?

ERAUPIKE

believe whatever you want. Every company I have ever dealt with had policies that were limited in regards to whom had access to them. Walmart is no different. You think they put all that:

"if you talk about a union, we will fire you" in the manual they distribute to every employee?
Sounds libelous to me. :p

LatitudeClear

The receipt checker was an old white man and I am a white mid-aged adult wearing normal shorts and tshirt considering the hot weather. So it was not an issue of racism. Often times it is the same store greeter who asks to see my receipt.

The LEO did not have reasonable belief that I committed a crime.

As A.) I am the one who called him.

B.) I showed him the receipt immiediately upon him arriving before he even asked.

He only asked to see my ID after telling me that "You are within your rights not to show them your receipt and his actions were against the law."

I responded that since the Managers did nothing to set right this situation even though they knew I was not under suspicion by the actual loss prevention security, that I would hold Walmart responsible instead of the store greeter as an individual. And that pressing charges would be likely.

Then he said, "well if you want to press charges and make lots of money, then go ahead."

This is when he asked to see my ID and call it in, "Do you have any warrants for your arrest, how long have you been a resident, whats your social security number."

Much like some of the "libertarian" posters on this forum, he was just trying to find some mud to throw.

The Leo told me that "even though his actions are illegal - you are wasting my time."

Well officer, I'm a little disappointed. I believed your duty was to enforce the law.

If enforcing the law is "wasting your time", I wonder why you chose your occupation?

If I ever get pulled over for going 10 miles over the speed limit or get a parking ticket, in court I'm sure that will go over well, "well sir these fines should be dropped because really they are just a waste of everybodies time!"

that would really have a high chance of success right?

I've also come to realize that these individuals who call themselves "libertarians" only want "less Government" when it comes to gun control, secular education, and most importantly - business regulations.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The issue of your ID is a red herring. It is totally moot, as you VOLUNTARILY gave the information when asked.

dmcc10880

Come back and tell us when you won millions from Walmart in a lawsuit.

The LEO was right... you wasted his time and frankly ours. Although it was amusing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">