• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illinois prisoner rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Christy1951

What is the name of your state? Illinois
My daughter is in the local jail and cannot reach her public defender or receive her medication based on a ruling by the county jail nurse. Do prisoners in Illinois have rights? How do I go about obtaining a copy of these rights or researching for the bits and pieces I might need to at least sound knowledgeable about these things? This is a very serious case and I am not at liberty to give details nor do I have the luxury of providing her with a private attorney. I figure my only alternative to avoiding an attempt at suicide on her part or avoiding her pleading guilty to something she didn't do just to get out of jail is to make a pest of myself 'downtown'. Any advice? Nana

N

NorthDA

Daughter in a Local Jail

I read your posting on May 2, 2004. Although I doubt it, if the situation is the same, respond. I think I can help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">