• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illinois warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carnationss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL Two warrants issued , one under chapter 720, Act 135/1-1 and Act 135/1-2 in 2004 and 2007 respectively. Misdemeanor. The plaintiff contacted me on the 2007 warrant and set me up. What is statue of limitations on crime? I would like to file motion to have judge remove warrants for any reason. I do not live in Illinois. I read that this is possible and would like to file paperwork for motion myself rather than retain an attorney due to expense. Only serious responses please. Thanks.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL Two warrants issued , one under chapter 720, Act 135/1-1 and Act 135/1-2 in 2004 and 2007 respectively. Misdemeanor. The plaintiff contacted me on the 2007 warrant and set me up. What is statue of limitations on crime? I would like to file motion to have judge remove warrants for any reason. I do not live in Illinois. I read that this is possible and would like to file paperwork for motion myself rather than retain an attorney due to expense. Only serious responses please. Thanks.
I believe that, since you left the jurisdiction (out of state), that the statute of limitations may be tolled.

You may well have to go before the court to answer for the warrants, and they may not go away like you want them to.

OHRoadwarrior

There is not a statute of limitations on warrants. They will stay open until you deal with them. They are representative of the charge being initiated before the statute of limitations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">