• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper ticket (mip)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aab19902

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I was sitting on my friends porch at school, and about twenty minutes earlier people threw a bunch of **** in the road. I was not doing anything wrong just sitting and talking. Cop comes on the porch asks how old everyone is, me being the youngest i say 19 first and hope he doesnt catch it. I was then pulled to the side and asked my name and breathalized. I blew a .113 and was given a ticket without proving my identity. No ID was takin. Would lying about my name have gotten me out of this ticket?

thanks in advance

dave33

It sounds like in that situation you may have escaped the ticket. However I would not suggest the regret of being honest today influence you to give a fake name next time. It's just as likely as not that the officer will confirm your i.d. If he found you lied, than as I'm sure you know you will face additional charges (obstruction). Than more than likely you won't be granted the luxury of just getting a ticket.goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">