• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

INACTIVE Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmet4nzkx

bononos said:
What is the name of your state?
OH
Thought I'd try this question here.
In a criminal case docket, I have seen "closed" and "active".
I also saw "inactive" as the status.
What does it mean?

Thanks!

Original Post: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=318331
Perhaps this is from the criminal investigation of the vehicle death you were contacted about, perhaps not enough to charge, yet. So it could be helpful for your upcomming case in May. You better get down there and get copies.

bononos

rmet4nzkx said:
Perhaps this is from the criminal investigation of the vehicle death you were contacted about, perhaps not enough to charge, yet. So it could be helpful for your upcomming case in May. You better get down there and get copies.
MAY 2!!!!
Next Tuesday, it wasn't rescheduled, I called to verify today!!!!
I'll be ther first thing tomorrow!!!!
This did turn up only 1 month after the detectives contacted me.

rmet4nzkx

bononos said:
MAY 2!!!!
Next Tuesday, it wasn't rescheduled, I called to verify today!!!!
I'll be ther first thing tomorrow!!!!
This did turn up only 1 month after the detectives contacted me.
Well tomorrow you will know what it says and how you can use it:) How computer savy is he? If he doesn't know you know, well that could be in your favor, even if he does, you still have the facts of the DUI and the custody evaluation which didn't include this. Naturally you will contact the evaluator with this additional find today since it, no matter the content, is an additional fact.

bononos

rmet4nzkx said:
Well tomorrow you will know what it says and how you can use it:) How computer savy is he? If he doesn't know you know, well that could be in your favor, even if he does, you still have the facts of the DUI and the custody evaluation which didn't include this. Naturally you will contact the evaluator with this additional find today since it, no matter the content, is an additional fact.
Thank you once again.
I never thought to contact him.
I was just planning on getting the docket report and taking it with me to court.
They'll NEVER be expecting me to have this info.
You have been so incredibly helpful to me through this!

If I don't receive an e-mail by lunch, I'll call and ask if I need to come in and get it or if it can be faxed.
It' coming into crunch time!
Only 2 business days till the hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">