• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incorrect info in police reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1tam3211

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My fiance was arrested for a serious crime which he did not commit, and we were all questioned in Oct. of 2002 regarding this case. We just in the last 2 mos. began receiving copies of police reports, and have found in looking them over that information is incorrect and, therefore, misleading to the DA who only sees what is on the report and doesn't know what we actually said during our questioning. Information which is incorrect is specific dates and names of people being places which they were not. Is it possible to have a police report amended?? Please help, for this has made us extremely nervous. We know what happened and what we told the detective during questioning, and are afraid that if the reports are left as is that WE will be the ones accused of lying later on when our testimony does not match what is in the report. Thank you to any who take the time to read and respond.

B

badtenant

well who DID do the crime?

why isnt that person being prosecuted?

was hubby involved at all?

1tam3211

reply to badtenant re: incorrect info

Unfortunately, we don't know who did the crime because they have not looked for anyone else since his arrest in Oct. which was based on an ID from the victim from a photo. No, he was not involved in any way. We did not know the victim, nor anything about the crime until he was taken from our home at 11:00 at night three days after the crime had occurred. I know people always say "he didn't do it", but I was actually looking at him sleeping in bed at the time this crime happened. Believe me, due to the nature of what he has been accused, if I was not absolutely positive of his innocence because of my own eyes, I would not still be in the house with him.

Son of Slam

Re: reply to badtenant re: incorrect info

his arrest in Oct. which was based on an ID from a photo.

due to the nature of what he has been accused, if I was not absolutely positive of his innocence, I would not still be in the house with him.

So, when this kind of crime happens why do you think they show HIS picture?

B

badtenant

BEST ADVICE:

Find a NEW non-criminal, boyfriend.

You can do it. I know lots of my single buddies have NEVER been arrested, but that doesn't appeal to you.

S

sheerterror

Maybe your "buddies" are single for a reason...Hmmmm Lemme see, They are so ugly they have never actually had a date?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">