• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incriminating a friend?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bharris6467

I live in louisiana. I was recently pulled over for speeding. When the cop came to my vehicle, he saw an unopened empty syringe on my seat. When he asked what it was for, I told him it was for a friend who takes steroids. He searched my vehicle and found nothing else illegal. He asked who it was for,and I told him my friends first and last name. I did not give the suffix of his name or his address. Is that incriminating for my friend?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

dave33

Come on man, you told on your friend.lWas it incriminating?Of course.You can't call your self much of a friend.The only evidence against your "friend" is the evidence you supplied.If he's charged, your name will be all over the police report.You should be ashamed.

BOR

I live in louisiana. I was recently pulled over for speeding. When the cop came to my vehicle, he saw an unopened empty syringe on my seat. When he asked what it was for, I told him it was for a friend who takes steroids. He searched my vehicle and found nothing else illegal. He asked who it was for,and I told him my friends first and last name. I did not give the suffix of his name or his address. Is that incriminating for my friend?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

You were in "care, custody and control" of the vehicle, regardless of who's car it was and you did not say who's it was his to start with. It makes no difference who you implicated, you are in possession.

Incriminating? Yes, whether true or not, although the police know it is a lie and won't give it any weight.

dave33

Bor is right,I just got carried away.Get a little annoyed at people who try and put the consequences on other people. Try and handle your business with a little more dignity.

Mass_Shyster

It depends. Does your friend have a doctor prescribing steroids?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">