• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

indictment vs. arrest warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

penitent1

What is the name of your state? VA

Is it possible to find the names of individuals who have been indicted by a grand jury but have not (yet) been arrested? Is there a difference between being suspected of a crime in a bill of indictment and being listed on an active arrest warrant?

I have found a few websites that claim they can find out if there are any active warrants in your name but do not know if this also applies to indictments that have been handed down by a GJ.

I ask this because a number of people I used to be friends with were recently arrested for possession of pot w/ intent to distribute. They were part of a large investigation that brought about many indictments, but so far only a dozen or so actual arrests. Even though I ended all contact with these people over six months ago I am worried that I might be forced to pay the consequences for knowing them and not telling the authorities what kinds of things they were involved in.

Is there any way to check and see if I am wanted in the jurisdiction I used to live in? :confused:

B

BillyBG

Go to your local police station and have them run your driver's license. Believe me, you'll know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">