• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

informants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbne

What is the name of your state?florida

ok i was involved in a setup by an informant..ok my question is,can and informant be reliable when the informant has a record.because he can say anything to get his self out of trouble right?so should i supress evidents

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Your lawyer should attack the admissibility and reliability of all evidence. Prior convictions, current plea bargains, special treatment and past history of false statements are all avenues to examine.

smutlydog

tbne said:
What is the name of your state?florida

ok i was involved in a setup by an informant..ok my question is,can and informant be reliable when the informant has a record.because he can say anything to get his self out of trouble right?so should i supress evidents
Most infomants are unreliable people that can't be trusted. That's why judges usually want phyisical ( controlled buy) evidence along with his or her statement before signing a search warrant.

If a purchase wasn't made then your lawyer needs to research why this wasn't done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">