• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Informants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mully

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca. Can i get the information on so- called ineormants that led to a house serch warrant. And if they do have names of informants prove that there so called statements are lies. Still think police lied to get a serch warrant

The Occultist

What did they find due to the search? And on what details do you feel were not accurate that would have made the difference on whether or not they obtained the warrant?

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca. Can i get the information on so- called ineormants that led to a house serch warrant. And if they do have names of informants prove that there so called statements are lies. Still think police lied to get a serch warrant
Whether you can get the identity of the informant or not depends on a lot of details we do not know, and likely YOU do not know. It also depends upon whether or not the informant was a police officer or a "reliable" confidential informant.

It is very doubtful that any cause for the search warrant was based solely upon the information of a single informant. The police might have been directed to you as a result of the informant, but most often they obtain the probable cause for the affidavit based upon independent investigation. And, if for dope, they probably have a controlled buy (or a few) in to you so they really would not need to give up any informant.

Your attorney can seek discovery and even try to compel the state to release any information related to the warrant and the probable cause leading to it. A judge will decide if you should get it or not.

mully

I just found out that two people were arrested leaving my house. One was 6-months ago the other was a week before the raid. I do not use or sell drugs and have never been arrested. My tenant told me he uses occasionally after the fact, But swears he never sold drugs out of the house.I have lived in this same location for 20yrs never a problem. It's a quiet town not much crime. They turned my house upside down from garage to backyard asking wheres the meth, and were furious when i replied i didn't know what they were talking about {truthfully}AND tenant was out of town working.They found a pipe in one of the bedrooms that's it. I went to jail because they said i was the king of the castle. GETTING back to my first question I was told that the two people that were arrested had everything to gain by lying to police that this was where they bought there drugs. There possession charge they were cited with leaving my house have diapered. The police thought something BIG was going on in my house. W hitch is not or has never been the case!! They have turned my life upside down for a lousy pipe and could care less. On the way to getting booked two officers finally stopped asking questions and gave me a number to call so i could O.R. instead of bail. I think they finally realized that they GOT PUNKED by there confidential informants

CdwJava

It sounds as if you need to speak to an attorney before you say anything else to the police.

Your attorney can obtain what he can through discovery and if you are charged with a felony there will be a preliminary hearing where a court will decide if there exists good cause to bind you over for trial. If the case is weak, or there is significant doubt, the DA may not even file on the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">