• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information and advice on self defense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Reside in PA me and my wife were picking up my stepson from his father, my wife was recently served with child support papers so when my step sons father came I approached him and asked him what was up with the child support papers why did he do it he began to shout and raise his voice when I said their is no need for child support because I am the real father here I take better care of my step son then he does we both began to verbally scream at each other I told my wife lets go and we were heading to the car when he tried to pull my stepson back and take him he began shouting u guys aren't going anywhere with my child I will **** u up etc we finally made it to the car, when we got into the car he told his girlfriend to block us in with their vehicle we were in a parked spot with cars on the left and the right where he was in the middle of the lane in a parking lot he began walking towards the car and putting his hands up to bang on my car I waived my hand to alert him to move out of the way but he persisted we had a tight little space that we could squeeze through and he was blocking it so I hit him with my vehicle to escape the physical altercation my wife is pregnant and was very scared and my stepson was scared as well I didn't know what this man was capable of and I didn't want my family and I getting hurt from some lunatic, my wife and him have a verbal agreement nothing in writing and no primary parent do weekends are the days we get the child we called 911 and asked for a officer and was questioned by dispatchers and not officers until later on in the night where we spoke to a officer and he said he has to look further into the situation and charge me with something minor he says also if my step sons father did block us in that the case would get thrown out in court if it was taking to court I would like to here advice and what will happen I have damages to my car and worried he may try to hurt us when we deliver my step son back please help?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Reside in PA me and my wife were picking up my stepson from his father, my wife was recently served with child support papers so when my step sons father came I approached him and asked him what was up with the child support papers why did he do it he began to shout and raise his voice when I said their is no need for child support because I am the real father here I take better care of my step son then he does we both began to verbally scream at each other I told my wife lets go and we were heading to the car when he tried to pull my stepson back and take him he began shouting u guys aren't going anywhere with my child I will **** u up etc we finally made it to the car, when we got into the car he told his girlfriend to block us in with their vehicle we were in a parked spot with cars on the left and the right where he was in the middle of the lane in a parking lot he began walking towards the car and putting his hands up to bang on my car I waived my hand to alert him to move out of the way but he persisted we had a tight little space that we could squeeze through and he was blocking it so I hit him with my vehicle to escape the physical altercation my wife is pregnant and was very scared and my stepson was scared as well I didn't know what this man was capable of and I didn't want my family and I getting hurt from some lunatic, my wife and him have a verbal agreement nothing in writing and no primary parent do weekends are the days we get the child we called 911 and asked for a officer and was questioned by dispatchers and not officers until later on in the night where we spoke to a officer and he said he has to look further into the situation and charge me with something minor he says also if my step sons father did block us in that the case would get thrown out in court if it was taking to court I would like to here advice and what will happen I have damages to my car and worried he may try to hurt us when we deliver my step son back please help?
Running into someone with a car is generally not going to be considered self-defense.

You should have called 911 sooner.

Now it appears you need a good attorney.

Here is a link to Pennsylvania's law on self defense: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.005.005.000.HTM

Last edited:

Eekamouse

Get an attorney and more importantly, FYI the child support issue is NOT your business and you should stay completely out of it.

Silverplum

The bolded: you are incredibly rude and foolish and disrespectful. I advise you to shut your mouth from now on. Learn to control your temper.

Ever heard of punctuation? Use it.

RRevak

The bolded: you are incredibly rude and foolish and disrespectful. I advise you to shut your mouth from now on. Learn to control your temper.

Ever heard of punctuation? Use it.
I said their is no need for child support because I am the real father here I take better care of my step son then he does
Some of you are well aware of the situation between my ex and my hubs and despite ALL of that, my hubs STILL wouldn't EVER dream of saying something like that to my ex. Ever. I'm speechless...

OP you're a real *peach* :mad:

Just Blue

Mr Rambling Sentence "man". You should hire an attorney. Now. Be aware you will likely have a PO barring you from being around the FATHERS SON.

RRevak

Mr Rambling Sentence "man". You should hire an attorney. Now. Be aware you will likely have a PO barring you from being around the FATHERS SON.
"Hey *step*son, want to see how great of a "father" I am? Watch me run over your ACTUAL dad with my car! Because that's how we solve problems! I now deserve a coffee mug *pats self on back*" :cool: :rolleyes:

Proserpina

Oh, I cannot wait for Dad to get this before a judge. StepDad terrified Dad's child, and started the whole thing when he had no right to do or say ANYTHING. I foresee a restraining order in this OPs future, barring him from - at the very least - being around the child alone.

How I wish Dad was here. I'd LOVE to help him.

Just Blue

"Hey *step*son, want to see how great of a "father" I am? Watch me run over your ACTUAL dad with my car! Because that's how we solve problems! I now deserve a coffee mug *pats self on back*" :cool: :rolleyes:
OMG!! That is EXACTLY the way to psycho-raise a child!!

Rwedunyet

My goodness! That was a difficult read. I will fix it for you, so that it may be more clearly understood.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in PA. I went with my wife to pick up her son from his father's home. My wife had recently been served with child support papers, so I decided to be a big macho man and insert myself in someone else's business. I asked my stepson's father why he had served child support papers. Then I told him that he didn't need any child support because, I, as a non related legal stranger, am the child's real father and that I take better care of his child than he does (despite the fact that he is obviously maintaining a relationship with his child, as well as making sure that his child is financially supported). After I said these things, my stepson's father got angry with me! We had a lovely screaming match, right there in front of my stepson (the one that I take such good care of). When I attempted to leave with his child, he tried to stop me (possibly because he was jealous that I am able to display such a passionate rage in front of children). I took his child anyway and in my fit of rage, placed the child and my pregnant wife in the car. The father of my stepson was blocking my path, so I took an opportunity to show him that I was the better father and honestly cared about this child by physically assaulting the man with my car. I am such a wonderful husband, as this had the added advantage of placing even more stress on my pregnant wife. The lunatic even went so far as to damage my car when I hit him! Could I be any more stupid? What should I do?"
There that's better. Now to answer the questions:
Could I be any more stupid? The answer is NO.

What should I do? I would recommend an immediate vasectomy.

<spit>

RRevak

Oh, I cannot wait for Dad to get this before a judge. StepDad terrified Dad's child, and started the whole thing when he had no right to do or say ANYTHING. I foresee a restraining order in this OPs future, barring him from - at the very least - being around the child alone.

Especially when dad tells the judge about steps lovely attitude/comments towards him. Judges just luuuurve it when steps are as awesome as this one is!

Just Blue

I do as well...I would drag out my long-lost skills and find the stat's and case law to do so. FWTW.

I would also ask EVERY ATTORNEY on this site to assist as well.

Just Blue

Wait, that WASN'T fantastic parenting!? Everything i've ever known as real has now been called into question....:p
I have attempted "steps" to save this thread so OP can not "delete" his past.

"BTW....Per every post I have seen RRevak...You seem to know how to parent. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">