• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information on the Limitations of Warrants

• Thread starter MissingInAction
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MissingInAction

In the state of Florida, how long is a warrant for a white-collar felony valid? Is a Warrant for a white-collar fellony something that can stretch into another state, or is it contained in Florida? HYPOTHETICALLY: If I live overseas, but I had an active warrant in Florida, could I fly into the state without being stopped by the police or do I have to be pulled over or stopped to be arrested? Is it possible to fly into other states??? SO many questions. Please help or referr me to a legal office who can provide the answers I need over the phone w/ or preferrably without a fee. THANK YOU!!! :confused:

Last edited:

JETX

If you have any outstanding arrest warrants, you are subject to arrest, detention and possible extradition from ANYWHERE. It doesn't matter if the warrant is for 'white-collar' crime or 'real' crime. And due to increased security issues, most (if not all) names on flights into the US (and at border crossings) are being checked for outstanding warrants while in transit. Depending on the seriousness of the crime, it is possible that you could be detained upon entry and not just at traffic stops.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">