• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

innocent young man jailed on murder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pennymae555

What is the name of your state? mississippi

ST is 19 yr old. When he was 14-16 I took this young man in to my home to give him some stability and love. Unfortunately, he is in a terrible position and needs my help because he has no one. So I am willing to go to great lenghts to help him anyway I can. My ? are:

At his bond hearing the judge denied bond-- he has never been in trouble before. Why was bond denied?

Was his appointed att. supposed to be at his bond hearing?

As of this date, he hasnt seen or spoken to his public defender. Why?

When does a preliminary hearing take place?

Also, there was a man that was arrested in the same time frame as ST and I heard the grand jury indicted him but not ST. Does the grand jury only indict certain cases? The judge said the grand jury will meet again in feb 2006.

Unfortunately, I am illiterate when it comes to criminal justice so any info received will be much appreciated

rmet4nzkx

pennymae555 said:
What is the name of your state? mississippi

ST is 19 yr old. When he was 14-16 I took this young man in to my home to give him some stability and love. Unfortunately, he is in a terrible position and needs my help because he has no one. So I am willing to go to great lenghts to help him anyway I can. My ? are:

At his bond hearing the judge denied bond-- he has never been in trouble before. Why was bond denied?

Was his appointed att. supposed to be at his bond hearing?

As of this date, he hasnt seen or spoken to his public defender. Why?

When does a preliminary hearing take place?

Also, there was a man that was arrested in the same time frame as ST and I heard the grand jury indicted him but not ST. Does the grand jury only indict certain cases? The judge said the grand jury will meet again in feb 2006.

Unfortunately, I am illiterate when it comes to criminal justice so any info received will be much appreciated
Why don'y you add this post to your original thread, then It will make more sense.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=290889

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">