• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inproper Police Handling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adriesse07

The Police Were Called to CVS Parking Lot to handle domestic dispute. Because I was emotionally unstable due to being raped by a male officer years prior, the officer told me to stand somewhere and I told him no. He refused to call a female officer to the scene of the event. The officer slapped cuffs on me, and put all his weight into mine, causing dislocation to my sholder and fracture of my right hand. He threatened to taze me when I wouldnt calm down, and he then arrested me on charges of resisting arrest without violence. He put the cuffs so tight that I had loss of feeling in my hand, I have photos of injuries he caused to me and intend on pressing charges, but I am not sure what kind of charges to press. The two witnesses are my fiancee and his friend donald.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/babiigurldettrey07/Picture006-1.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/babiigurldettrey07/Picture005-1.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/babiigurldettrey07/Picture004-1.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/babiigurldettrey07/Picture003.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/babiigurldettrey07/Picture002.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/babiigurldettrey07/Picture001.jpg

Last edited:

Indiana Filer

The Police Were Called to CVS Parking Lot to handle domestic dispute. Because I was emotionally unstable due to being raped by a male officer years prior, the officer told me to stand somewhere and I told him no. He refused to call a female officer to the scene of the event. The officer slapped cuffs on me, and put all his weight into mine, causing dislocation to my sholder and fracture of my right hand. He threatened to taze me when I wouldnt calm down, and he then arrested me on charges of resisting arrest without violence. He put the cuffs so tight that I had loss of feeling in my hand, I have photos of injuries he caused to me and intend on pressing charges, but I am not sure what kind of charges to press. The two witnesses are my fiancee and his friend donald.
WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR STATE?

The officer was not required to get a female officer onto the scene. Not every department has female officers on patrol or on every shift.

Since you didn't do as directed by the police, and fought with them, it sounds like the arrest was probably justified. I suggest you go to counseling to deal with the issues you have from the alleged rape from years ago. (Were any charges ever filed against the alleged rapist?)

If you continued to fight, the officer was justified in escalating his efforts to get you under control.

Adriesse07

WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR STATE?

The officer was not required to get a female officer onto the scene. Not every department has female officers on patrol or on every shift.

Since you didn't do as directed by the police, and fought with them, it sounds like the arrest was probably justified. I suggest you go to counseling to deal with the issues you have from the alleged rape from years ago. (Were any charges ever filed against the alleged rapist?)

If you continued to fight, the officer was justified in escalating his efforts to get you under control.
Am currently in counsling. The FLORIDA law statute requires a female officer to be on scene when arresting any female that was raped or sexually assaulted at any time in their life.

He wasnt justified to arrest me, because I did not resist. He also wasnt justified when he dislocated my sholder and fractured my right hand, and also he wasnt justified to threaten me, nor was he justified to arrest me at all. The people at the station just laughed and teased him when he brought me in.

Ok, here is my thoughts:

I am concerned from your pictures on many levels. #1: there is no cast on your "fractured hand". How soon after the incident did you take the pictures? by the look of the one bruise on your armpit ( ? ) it was SEVERAL days after. A splint might have been put on temporarily by an ER but you would end up needing a cast and the ortho should have placed one.....#2, you state a dislocated shoulder. Whene is your sling and swath? how are you able to life both arms for the pictures? Again, these pictures were taken right afterwards I assume? 3# you will have to prove that these injuries occurred from the officer and not from the original fight. That is going to be a hard one to overcome. 4# you have to prove that you told the officer about the previous assault and that you requested a female and were refused and that it is necessary by their rules. 5# No matter what your previous problems, you ARE NOT allowed to fight the police!!!!!! You must follow directions when they are given and it appears by your own admission that you did not. I am sorry, I see no case here!

Adriesse07

Ok, here is my thoughts:

I am concerned from your pictures on many levels. #1: there is no cast on your "fractured hand". How soon after the incident did you take the pictures? by the look of the one bruise on your armpit ( ? ) it was SEVERAL days after. A splint might have been put on temporarily by an ER but you would end up needing a cast and the ortho should have placed one.....#2, you state a dislocated shoulder. Whene is your sling and swath? how are you able to life both arms for the pictures? Again, these pictures were taken right afterwards I assume? 3# you will have to prove that these injuries occurred from the officer and not from the original fight. That is going to be a hard one to overcome. 4# you have to prove that you told the officer about the previous assault and that you requested a female and were refused and that it is necessary by their rules. 5# No matter what your previous problems, you ARE NOT allowed to fight the police!!!!!! You must follow directions when they are given and it appears by your own admission that you did not. I am sorry, I see no case here!

#1. When you go to jail for the first time and are depressed, the think your suicidal and take everything from you. They cut off my engagement ring, and the cast was needed to be taken off by the doctor because its jail, they dont give you anything, because they think you can harm yourself with anything. The pictures were taken when released, that is one week after the incident. The bruise is of color for a week later.

#2. I had a sling and wtf is a swath? My Fiancee popped the dislocated sholder back into place, at which there is still pain, and I ice it everyday and sling it.

# 3 and 4. I realize this is going to be hard to overcome, my fiancee already called the Brevard County Sheriffs Dept and they are investegating the crime and incident that occured.

5. I know im not suppose to fight, but i have severe ptsd and i freaked when he showed up with no female.

Last edited:

las365

The FLORIDA law statute requires a female officer to be on scene when arresting any female that was raped or sexually assaulted at any time in their life.
Really? This is interesting to me. How is a cop supposed to know at the time of an arrest whether a woman has ever been sexually assaulted in her life?

Adriesse07

Really? This is interesting to me. How is a cop supposed to know at the time of an arrest whether a woman has ever been sexually assaulted in her life?
They dont unless you scream it at them, which I did. He called for back up but wasnt females, thats where he was wrong

Also, he didnt read my my rights. He never marandized me, which is bad on his part.

#1. When you go to jail for the first time and are depressed, the think your suicidal and take everything from you. They cut off my engagement ring, and the cast was needed to be taken off by the doctor because its jail, they dont give you anything, because they think you can harm yourself with anything. The pictures were taken when released, that is one week after the incident. The bruise is of color for a week later.

are you stating that the jail made you remove a dr placed cast for a fracture to keep you from hurting yourself?

#2. I had a sling and wtf is a swath? My Fiancee popped the dislocated sholder back into place, at which there is still pain, and I ice it everyday and sling it.

the swath is the thing that holds your arm to your side so you do not re dislocate it again. IT IS NOT possible for your boyfriend to have relocated your shoulder unless you dislocate it on a regular basis and it is so loose. The muscles would have prevented that and yes, I am am ER nurse and trained in these issues.

# 3 and 4. I realize this is going to be hard to overcome, my fiancee already called the Brevard County Sheriffs Dept and they are investegating the crime and incident that occured.

I am sure that they taped it with a personal tape recorder or a video and since it will show you fighting and resisting, I think your case is gone.

5. I know im not suppose to fight, but i have severe ptsd and i freaked when he showed up with no female.

as a medical professional who deals with people who have PTSD, this would not cause you to "FREAK OUT" on a police officer. The truth is, you HAVE NO CASE!!!!!!!!!

the story you tell is interesting but the evidence does not support your claims at all.

CdwJava

Am currently in counsling. The FLORIDA law statute requires a female officer to be on scene when arresting any female that was raped or sexually assaulted at any time in their life.
I doubt that very, very much. Please cite this law.

How ANY officer in the field can POSSIBLY know that you had at one time been sexually assaulted is beyond me.

He wasnt justified to arrest me, because I did not resist.
You failed to comply with a lawful order - in this case, apparently you were directed to move somewhere and you refused. In every other state in the union, this will often give rise to probable cause to make an arrest ... I suspect it does so in FL as well.

He also wasnt justified when he dislocated my sholder and fractured my right hand, and also he wasnt justified to threaten me, nor was he justified to arrest me at all. The people at the station just laughed and teased him when he brought me in.
Engage an attorney and see if he believes you have a cause of action against the police. If he asks for money up front, your case is likely pretty weak.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">