• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inquiring a massive violation of due process, and civil liberties in Common Wealth PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

2. Thus this ramp was NOT clearly marked. I will be taking photos to prove my point. I will also be getting video footage of the location in question for the obvious non believers here that just want to martyr me and think I am just a law breaker intentionally. If that was the case why would I stop to discuss anything with the toll agent as stated? Also I did state that I offered to pay the 1.60 but refused to provide my id. Since the Toll agent is NOT an officer of the law I don't feel that is required.
WRONG. You were required to pay the full toll. The agent was allowing you to pay less if you presented ID. You refused so you were required to pay the full toll. That was your error, not theirs.

4. The fact that he'd accept 35.25 and not the 1.60 if he agreed that's what I owe is completely wrong in mentality if that was so and I was offering to pay what I owed why am I being summoned, or threatened with a summons if I even paid the 1.60. It is not my burden of proof to be met to sign the roadway correctly.
wrong. It was a means to allow you to get on with life for the moment with paying the $1.60 and deal with the full toll at a later time. Of course, since you screwed up and ran from the cops now there is a toll evasion issue to deal with that you wouldn't have if you simply paid the full toll OR paid the $1.60 and provided ID.

5. There was no toll booth. If any arrogant person on here lives in the Allentown, Philly area wants to ride up and ride with me the stretch I would be more than Obliged to do so to prove your ignorance of the situation I am discussing. My fiance is from NY has lived there her whole life is the most honest person you'll ever meet and she ALSO did not see any booth, or toll regulation standard situation in place as you discuss. There where no signs stating EZ-PASS only, Cash only, or no booth I do know how to drive people come on. I am not just staring at my GPS. I am watching the road. My GPS is voice. Both of them. So before passing that judgement please take a chair.
sure. Come pick me up. I live near Chicago IL.

6. As far as the agent. He declined to accept my 1.60 payment that is his fault not mine. I offered to pay any true debts owed.
again you are mistaken. The options were:

pay $1.60 and provide id
pay $35.20 and not show ID

there was no option where you got to pay $1.60 and not show ID regardless of how often you whine about it.

7. After declining my payment offer three consecutive times in a extremely unnecessary fashion he threatened me with the police when I had merely attempted to pay my debt.
You refused to fulfill the obligation before you. It was not simply paying $1.60.

8. They don't have a single picture of my plate. I have a cover that prevents that. And YES i know it works. Even customs has to get out to read my plate and put it into their computers. So for the record your very WRONG sir.
but they apparently have something used to identify you. That is proven by the dunning notice you recieved. Good luck trying to get out of the issue regardless of your illegal plate cover. and if justice is served, they will ticket you for that as well since if your plate was obscured such that the camera couldn't take a pic, then if they see that in their photos, hopefully they will realize it and ticket you for that as well.

Lastly before passing judgement upon someone else put yourself in their shoes.

Late, dark, unfamiliar area. Not properly signed, or marked. Not familar with EZ-PASS Express lanes.
Ok, even if all that is a given and you have a reasonable excuse, you lost the argument when you refused to pay as the toll agent demanded. You are the one that caused this to be escalated to a problem, not the toll road agency.

I know you may not like this but Mistake of Fact is still a legal defense.
sorry but you are confusing the problem with identucying the toll requirement and what your charge is. Your charge has nothing to do with being mistaken concerning whether the toll was required. The toll evasion was a wanton act in itself.

And I firmly disagree that a 202.99 fine and charge.
Oh well.

Plus having to pay for the full distance from 476 to Ohio, when a mere 7miles tops was traversed is insanity. First of all. Why am I paying twice here? If i'm going to court for fare evasion which my citation reads which I didn't evade anything or else why would I stop. You don't pay when you get on the tollway you pay when you exit. Even the officer is recorded admitting to this. Thus, what is the problem here? I stopped. I offered to pay. It was met by refusal. Now i'm being ordered to pay the full toll to Ohio which i not only didn't travel, I was not afforded a oportunity to obtain any such tollway ticket. Thus how is that my fault? That's their obligation to be met.
because the fine for the ticket has nothing to do with the fare itself other than you refused to pay the fare as required by law.

Lastly for all the people here that just want to automatically take the states side. I drove down there without incident. So why at this roadway was there an incident? I've driven from here to Michigan many times across I80 and I90 to Chicago without incident.
well, I've done a lot of things without incident. That doesn't mean I won't ever screw up and there never be an incident in similar situations.

Also through NJ and even NYC. Now you explain to me how a seasoned driver using two gps units for DIRECTION ASSITANCE ONLY. It was NOT driving my car. Yes.
we know. You were driving the car and ignored any signage presented. THe GPS isn't at fault here; you are.

Though, when the state fails to meet their obligation of placing signage, and posting a toll booth, or even putting up a building so one can't simply just drive right on the roadway. How is this my fault? How am i guilty of anything here?
because when presented with the problem of you not having a ticket and not properly using the fast pass system you refused to take the proper steps to address it. You had the opportunity to pay the $1.60 and show id or pay the full toll without showing ID. You refused. Then when the police were called you ran like a criminal would and that made you a criminal.

I think you all best really take a deeper look at yourself. What the state is perfect? I have bad news for you. The regulations or the roadway are black and white for a reason. The signage even has to be a certain amount of feet high wide, viewing range etc. Especially at night. There are standards for those things set forth by the state. Thus, it's not my fault they didn't set those standards in place on the physical roadway.
well, good luck because your issue isn't not seeing the signs. It is refusing to comply with the options, the legal options presented to you and then running away when the police were summoned to deal with you.

Like I said. If you want to do a ride along with me i'd gladly show your arrogance out the door. I drive thousands of miles a month and don't have issues like this anywhere else but Philly. Before you judge perhaps you should look at both sides. What ever happened to people being unbiased and impartial.
let me know when you'll be here. I'll go for a ride with you. Of course I expect you to take care of meals and lodging for this little fact finding expedition of yours though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">