• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inquiring a massive violation of due process, and civil liberties in Common Wealth PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

astar2002795

Hello, I am from the Common Wealth of Pennsylvania. I recently had an incident which I feared would happen some day. Though I am rightfully preparing to fight
because I am firmly adamant that what has transpired here is a violation of many of my civil liberties at the least.

The story begins with a trip to Valley Forge, PA. A beautiful site of our historic country. I am an avid history buff and was merely attempting to get to the nearest Wal-Mart store to pull out cash on a debit card. On my travels to get to this supposed Wal-Mart according to my TomTom GPS I was ordered to drive in a certain direction. I was following the GPS, as well as, WAZE GPS on my phone which were both concurrently showing the same approach to getting to the destination. Both systems where updated either that day or within the prior week and where not by any sense out of date on their mapping technology.
Then was informed by both systems to make a right to get onto a highway to get back to 476 North bound which is a tollway. Nowhere was there any sign of a Tollbooth or any such facet while entering this entrance to this what was thought highway turn out to be tollway. There were no signs stating, "Stop, or EZPASS only, or even a sign indicative of Cash not allowed, or Cash in this direction." There was merely one sign posted, not back light or anything. The sign was about 1/4th of the way into the on ramp or what I would consider a point of no return, or a decision making point. There was no advanced warning of Toll, or that I was officially entering a tollway.
Later on trekking up this what was believed to be a highway a manned Tollbooth was encountered. Which was a sign that somehow a Tollway had been entered. They had not placed proper signage to that affect so that a motorist couldn't be, "Mistaken, confused, or perhaps misunderstand their intentions of creating or initiating a toll zone." This grey area in their perception was created to fine motorists for infractions. In other words it was surely a form of entrapment.
Upon rolling up to the toll agent a ticket was asked for to provide where the toll road was boarded. It was at this point asserted that no tollbooth was present at the sight of entry on any such ramp, and that it was felt this was intentional. The toll agent became immediately hostile in his tone, and attitude. He then demanded 35 dollars for 7 miles of roadway traversed. Valley Forge to 476 is less than 10 miles. Therefore this request was met by open refusal to pay such a steep request with such comment as, "That is absurd, extortion and the like and I refuse to pay that amount for traversing a mere 7 miles at best." The toll agent then rebutted eventually after a second demand for the 35 dollars with, "Well the toll from Valley Forge to here is one dollar and sixty cents, but if you decide to pay that lower toll I need your drivers license." This request was also refused per the 5th amendment. They use that data to issue a summons as if your a criminal and intentionally are attempting to avoid their tax. Which no tax was attempting to be avoided or stopping at the toll booth wouldn't have had occurred thus the agent as acting with malice. Providing my id to a toll agent is not required one would be inclined to believe. Since when is a toll agent a peace officer? He kept demanding the license. Which kept being met by refusal in whole. This problem was not created by me, but by the toll systems approach to signage and posting their roadway. Therefore it was not deemed appropriate to be accused of a crime one did not commit, nor attempt to commit.

Thus, the toll agent then gives an ultimatum, "You can either give my your license and the dollar sixty, or I can call the state police on you, as well as attempting yet more extortion by telling me if I pay him the 35 dollars he doesn't require my license to issue me a summons." Which is preposterous if he was willing to admit this then obviously he knows that no laws where violated this is merely a game of money. It's racketeering almost in its own fashion. Set up a falsely marked road, with no toll booth then when motorists drive it and come to a manned booth extort them to the teeth because we are short in our general fund. Vehemently in opposition to such a corruption I obliged the agent illegally detaining me on a refusal to accept my legal tender was then forced to flee in haste. On the hope of if it came to trial I could explain my grievances to a magistrate and get some commonality of placement of legal signs, and justice for all.

This was met by a letter not three weeks later detailing that a summons had been mailed, "Which had never been forward to any address I resided at." I was applaud at the corruptness of this court. They detailed there were 15 days to respond to this letter, that failure is a warrant for my arrest which is valid in all courts. Though the following lines also stifled me, "You may plea, Not guilty with a fee of 50 dollars, or guilty and pay the fine by check or money order to x address." This was immediately enraging, "50 dollars for what is deemed an inalienable right? Doesn't one thou have the right to face his accusers before he is required to pay any form of restitution? Wouldn't any payment thereof be an admission of guilt regardless of their point of view? Also, does this not violate my 6th amend right, and 14th amend rights, as well as 5th amend rights, of due process of law, as well as a Fair and Speedy trial law? Since when is considering someone guilty fifty dollars, not an unbiased opinion of the accused before they enter a court of law? Also where does the toll agent have the right to share my EZPASS confidential information to the state, upon using a cash lane? Is this not a violation of the 4th Amend. of illegal search and seizure of personal information? Now the 4th amend. one is not intended to be fought more for education of other motorists in PA you are being monitored in areas you are not agreeing to. Though I was also informed the fine for one simplistic mistake on their part is to cost me a burden of two hundred and two dollars. This is absurd at best! If not bordering on usury in every sense of the word. My folks from Michigan made a simplistic like minded mistake of fact in Chicago once here just last yr. They blew around 6 iPASS lanes in Chicago not knowing what they where. In Michigan the only toll is the Mackinaw Bridge not frequented much by them. They received a mere fine of one hundred thirty dollars. Why am I being fined two hundred and two? The toll systems are owned by the same corporate entity. Why is there this huge differentiation of fines being assessed? Especially when Chicago is the third largest metropolitan area in the continental USA. When Philly is the 5th largest area in the US? How is it that fines would be more, in lesser populated area? Figuring out my parents per toll booth citation rate, they were charged 20-30 dollars per booth. I was charged two hundred two for one booth. This is a direct violation of my 8th amend rights to unfair and unusual fines, and charges. I am not an example nor should I be treated as such. The law deems it has to be fair, unbiased and impartial. It would sure seem they are using the agents words to inflate this to a much more than they seem to not understand it to be.
Now my question is, "Do I have a case against the state on the 6th amend, is requesting collateral of 50 dollars legal at all in PA?" Have there been any case law decisions in the supreme court where this would be fought and won against? Or perhaps statutes that I can illicit that the state has violated, perhaps motor vehicular books, regulations on sign placement notification of a toll assignment etc. Also is the excessive fine assessment valid in this sense? Proof of my parents fines can be obtained for the hearing as legal evidence on my behalf for consideration as a case law precedent. Wasn't my 6th amendment also violated by not giving me fair notice of this summons against me? Have they not violated my doctrine of selective incorporation of the 14th amend to the constitution by requiring that 50 dollars. As far as I was aware in criminal justice class they taught us that, "Your are not guilty of a crime until your are caught, AND CONVICTED." Therefore if I am not guilty of any crime am I required to present their demanded restitution in my eyes. And if so should I bring it up in court as a motion for dismissal based on the lack of a fair trial being afford towards me. Wouldn't their requirement also violate the supremacy clause of the 14th amend?

Thank you to anyone in this regard.

Sincerely

astar2002795

Just Blue

Hello, I am from the Common Wealth of Pennsylvania. I recently had an incident which I feared would happen some day. Though I am rightfully preparing to fight
because I am firmly adamant that what has transpired here is a violation of many of my civil liberties at the least.

The story begins with a trip to Valley Forge, PA. A beautiful site of our historic country. I am an avid history buff and was merely attempting to get to the nearest Wal-Mart store to pull out cash on a debit card. On my travels to get to this supposed Wal-Mart according to my TomTom GPS I was ordered to drive in a certain direction. I was following the GPS, as well as, WAZE GPS on my phone which were both concurrently showing the same approach to getting to the destination. Both systems where updated either that day or within the prior week and where not by any sense out of date on their mapping technology.
Then was informed by both systems to make a right to get onto a highway to get back to 476 North bound which is a tollway. Nowhere was there any sign of a Tollbooth or any such facet while entering this entrance to this what was thought highway turn out to be tollway. There were no signs stating, "Stop, or EZPASS only, or even a sign indicative of Cash not allowed, or Cash in this direction." There was merely one sign posted, not back light or anything. The sign was about 1/4th of the way into the on ramp or what I would consider a point of no return, or a decision making point. There was no advanced warning of Toll, or that I was officially entering a tollway.
Later on trekking up this what was believed to be a highway a manned Tollbooth was encountered. Which was a sign that somehow a Tollway had been entered. They had not placed proper signage to that affect so that a motorist couldn't be, "Mistaken, confused, or perhaps misunderstand their intentions of creating or initiating a toll zone." This grey area in their perception was created to fine motorists for infractions. In other words it was surely a form of entrapment.
Upon rolling up to the toll agent a ticket was asked for to provide where the toll road was boarded. It was at this point asserted that no tollbooth was present at the sight of entry on any such ramp, and that it was felt this was intentional. The toll agent became immediately hostile in his tone, and attitude. He then demanded 35 dollars for 7 miles of roadway traversed. Valley Forge to 476 is less than 10 miles. Therefore this request was met by open refusal to pay such a steep request with such comment as, "That is absurd, extortion and the like and I refuse to pay that amount for traversing a mere 7 miles at best." The toll agent then rebutted eventually after a second demand for the 35 dollars with, "Well the toll from Valley Forge to here is one dollar and sixty cents, but if you decide to pay that lower toll I need your drivers license." This request was also refused per the 5th amendment. They use that data to issue a summons as if your a criminal and intentionally are attempting to avoid their tax. Which no tax was attempting to be avoided or stopping at the toll booth wouldn't have had occurred thus the agent as acting with malice. Providing my id to a toll agent is not required one would be inclined to believe. Since when is a toll agent a peace officer? He kept demanding the license. Which kept being met by refusal in whole. This problem was not created by me, but by the toll systems approach to signage and posting their roadway. Therefore it was not deemed appropriate to be accused of a crime one did not commit, nor attempt to commit.

Thus, the toll agent then gives an ultimatum, "You can either give my your license and the dollar sixty, or I can call the state police on you, as well as attempting yet more extortion by telling me if I pay him the 35 dollars he doesn't require my license to issue me a summons." Which is preposterous if he was willing to admit this then obviously he knows that no laws where violated this is merely a game of money. It's racketeering almost in its own fashion. Set up a falsely marked road, with no toll booth then when motorists drive it and come to a manned booth extort them to the teeth because we are short in our general fund. Vehemently in opposition to such a corruption I obliged the agent illegally detaining me on a refusal to accept my legal tender was then forced to flee in haste. On the hope of if it came to trial I could explain my grievances to a magistrate and get some commonality of placement of legal signs, and justice for all.

This was met by a letter not three weeks later detailing that a summons had been mailed, "Which had never been forward to any address I resided at." I was applaud at the corruptness of this court. They detailed there were 15 days to respond to this letter, that failure is a warrant for my arrest which is valid in all courts. Though the following lines also stifled me, "You may plea, Not guilty with a fee of 50 dollars, or guilty and pay the fine by check or money order to x address." This was immediately enraging, "50 dollars for what is deemed an inalienable right? Doesn't one thou have the right to face his accusers before he is required to pay any form of restitution? Wouldn't any payment thereof be an admission of guilt regardless of their point of view? Also, does this not violate my 6th amend right, and 14th amend rights, as well as 5th amend rights, of due process of law, as well as a Fair and Speedy trial law? Since when is considering someone guilty fifty dollars, not an unbiased opinion of the accused before they enter a court of law? Also where does the toll agent have the right to share my EZPASS confidential information to the state, upon using a cash lane? Is this not a violation of the 4th Amend. of illegal search and seizure of personal information? Now the 4th amend. one is not intended to be fought more for education of other motorists in PA you are being monitored in areas you are not agreeing to. Though I was also informed the fine for one simplistic mistake on their part is to cost me a burden of two hundred and two dollars. This is absurd at best! If not bordering on usury in every sense of the word. My folks from Michigan made a simplistic like minded mistake of fact in Chicago once here just last yr. They blew around 6 iPASS lanes in Chicago not knowing what they where. In Michigan the only toll is the Mackinaw Bridge not frequented much by them. They received a mere fine of one hundred thirty dollars. Why am I being fined two hundred and two? The toll systems are owned by the same corporate entity. Why is there this huge differentiation of fines being assessed? Especially when Chicago is the third largest metropolitan area in the continental USA. When Philly is the 5th largest area in the US? How is it that fines would be more, in lesser populated area? Figuring out my parents per toll booth citation rate, they were charged 20-30 dollars per booth. I was charged two hundred two for one booth. This is a direct violation of my 8th amend rights to unfair and unusual fines, and charges. I am not an example nor should I be treated as such. The law deems it has to be fair, unbiased and impartial. It would sure seem they are using the agents words to inflate this to a much more than they seem to not understand it to be.
Now my question is, "Do I have a case against the state on the 6th amend, is requesting collateral of 50 dollars legal at all in PA?" Have there been any case law decisions in the supreme court where this would be fought and won against? Or perhaps statutes that I can illicit that the state has violated, perhaps motor vehicular books, regulations on sign placement notification of a toll assignment etc. Also is the excessive fine assessment valid in this sense? Proof of my parents fines can be obtained for the hearing as legal evidence on my behalf for consideration as a case law precedent. Wasn't my 6th amendment also violated by not giving me fair notice of this summons against me? Have they not violated my doctrine of selective incorporation of the 14th amend to the constitution by requiring that 50 dollars. As far as I was aware in criminal justice class they taught us that, "Your are not guilty of a crime until your are caught, AND CONVICTED." Therefore if I am not guilty of any crime am I required to present their demanded restitution in my eyes. And if so should I bring it up in court as a motion for dismissal based on the lack of a fair trial being afford towards me. Wouldn't their requirement also violate the supremacy clause of the 14th amend?

Thank you to anyone in this regard.

Sincerely

astar2002795
Edit your 1st post to the FACTS...Cut the BS.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is standard practice on all toll roads everywhere to charge you the maximum up to that point if you cannot show a ticket showing where you got on, or the appropriate pass.

I am familiar with that area. From which road were you attempting to access 476?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The only thing that's massive here is your post. Too much irrelevant stuff to bother reading it. Stick to the facts.

jimnyc

HOn my travels to get to this supposed Wal-Mart according to my TomTom GPS I was ordered to drive in a certain direction. I was following the GPS, as well as, WAZE GPS on my phone which were both concurrently showing the same approach to getting to the destination. Both systems where updated either that day or within the prior week and where not by any sense out of date on their mapping technology.
You were not ORDERED to do anything. A GPS device is not responsible for helping you avoid tolls, and YOU are responsible for still knowing your surroundings and what roads are tolls and which aren't. You mention that both devices were updated and you were using 2 of them simultaneously. That makes no difference whatsoever.

Are you one of those that would also blame others if you drove into a lake if the GPS pushed in that direction?

They offered you an easy way out, a legal way out, and you played semantics and refused. You played that game and now you lost and it will cost you more than the $1.60.

justalayman

No, you have no civil rights violations

The ticket agent was allowing you to pay the buck sixty but required id so a ticket could be issued. You would have the opportunity to defend yourself through that process.

Alternately you could pay the higher fee which is typical where you do not have a toll ticket to present. If you had done that there would not have been any other actions by them. You could have appealed the fee is you so chose to.

But you decided to refuse to pay under either option and simply sped off so you are now guilty of toll evasion.

Why they would forward a ticket is beyond me. They send it to the address on your registration. That suggests you have not properly updated your registration since you moved

So, since you did everything wrong it is going to cost you. Regardless of the possible outcome of the actual toll fee, you will remain guilty of toll evasion.

justalayman

And to the sharing of your ex-pass information.

Make up your mind; either the toll taker is an agent of the state or they aren't. You said they aren't which means the only limit on them sharing your identifying information is a contractual one between you and them. Only if they were acting on behalf of or were an agent of the state would a warrent be required to divulge your info to them.

They were acting on their own behalf and attempting to be paid their due. It just happens the courts also wanted to issue you a ticket and used the information freely provided by the toll agent to do that.

Now, if you want to argue the toll agent is an agent of the stste, well, they are free to use information within their files to extend an invitation to send them money.

Mnemosyne

As far as I was aware in criminal justice class they taught us that, "Your are not guilty of a crime until your are caught, AND CONVICTED." Therefore if I am not guilty of any crime am I required to present their demanded restitution in my eyes.
You ought to be convicted of torturing the English language. That entire post was a crime.

ecmst12

This makes no sense. It is impossible to get on the turnpike without passing a tollbooth. This is my neighborhood and I am very familiar with the roads. If you get on 76 to get to 476 at Valley Forge, there is no toll (no toll on that portion of 76 OR 476). You can get on the turnpike (276) at Valley Forge/King of Prussia and go to 476, but there is no way to mistake that you are going through a toll booth and the EZPass only lanes are clearly marked. There isn't a barrier, so you CAN drive through them without being stopped, but they take a picture of your car and license plate, so you're not going to get out of paying the toll that way.

Also, Waze warns you if the route you are taking has tolls. Most other GPS's do so as well.

So when you showed up at the turnpike exist without a ticket, they were right to charge you the max fee. But the operator was kind enough to believe your story and charge you the fee for where you say you came from, and you turned your nose up at that offer too. Never mind that they don't need your driver's license to identify you, they already have a picture of your car getting on the highway. All they have to do to verify your story is match up the pictures and they can always send you a bill in the mail if your story doesn't check out. Instead you chose to stiff the DOT, which is in fact a crime (or at least an infraction) punishable by a ticket and fine. Welcome to the real world.

If you pay the $50 and are found not guilty, you get your $50 back. If not, it goes towards your fine. But since you're undeniably guilty of extreme stupidity as well as failing to pay the toll, I suggest you cut your losses and just pay your ticket.

justalayman

I didn't see this until mmenosyne posted it:

A
s far as I was aware in criminal justice class they taught us that, "Your are not guilty of a crime until your are caught, AND CONVICTED."
they lied to you. Being guilty is not the same as being proven guilty. If you have in fact committed the crime, you are guilty. Whether the state can prove you guilty and punish you is a totally different question.

astar2002795

First of all to the lack of forward help here. I have some things for you.

1. I didn't get on exactly at Valley Forge first of all. It is the nearest place I could recall of Major Significance.

2. Thus this ramp was NOT clearly marked. I will be taking photos to prove my point. I will also be getting video footage of the location in question for the obvious non believers here that just want to martyr me and think I am just a law breaker intentionally. If that was the case why would I stop to discuss anything with the toll agent as stated? Also I did state that I offered to pay the 1.60 but refused to provide my id. Since the Toll agent is NOT an officer of the law I don't feel that is required.

3. This is proven by the Toll Commission now sending me another citation threat for the full 35.25 dollar toll which I didn't even traverse. If you really lived in that area you would agree that Valley Forge which is further than where I accessed this alleged tollway was. Thus, being rude, and crude to me is really unnecessary and solves nothing. I in fact offered to pay slightly more than what was really needed by maybe a dollar or two just to make sure I didn't short change the toll agent in question.

4. The fact that he'd accept 35.25 and not the 1.60 if he agreed that's what I owe is completely wrong in mentality if that was so and I was offering to pay what I owed why am I being summoned, or threatened with a summons if I even paid the 1.60. It is not my burden of proof to be met to sign the roadway correctly.

5. There was no toll booth. If any arrogant person on here lives in the Allentown, Philly area wants to ride up and ride with me the stretch I would be more than Obliged to do so to prove your ignorance of the situation I am discussing. My fiance is from NY has lived there her whole life is the most honest person you'll ever meet and she ALSO did not see any booth, or toll regulation standard situation in place as you discuss. There where no signs stating EZ-PASS only, Cash only, or no booth I do know how to drive people come on. I am not just staring at my GPS. I am watching the road. My GPS is voice. Both of them. So before passing that judgement please take a chair.

6. As far as the agent. He declined to accept my 1.60 payment that is his fault not mine. I offered to pay any true debts owed.

7. After declining my payment offer three consecutive times in a extremely unnecessary fashion he threatened me with the police when I had merely attempted to pay my debt.

The most important one:

8. They don't have a single picture of my plate. I have a cover that prevents that. And YES i know it works. Even customs has to get out to read my plate and put it into their computers. So for the record your very WRONG sir.

Lastly before passing judgement upon someone else put yourself in their shoes.

Late, dark, unfamiliar area. Not properly signed, or marked. Not familar with EZ-PASS Express lanes.

I know you may not like this but Mistake of Fact is still a legal defense. And I firmly disagree that a 202.99 fine and charge. Plus having to pay for the full distance from 476 to Ohio, when a mere 7miles tops was traversed is insanity. First of all. Why am I paying twice here? If i'm going to court for fare evasion which my citation reads which I didn't evade anything or else why would I stop. You don't pay when you get on the tollway you pay when you exit. Even the officer is recorded admitting to this. Thus, what is the problem here? I stopped. I offered to pay. It was met by refusal. Now i'm being ordered to pay the full toll to Ohio which i not only didn't travel, I was not afforded a oportunity to obtain any such tollway ticket. Thus how is that my fault? That's their obligation to be met.

Lastly for all the people here that just want to automatically take the states side. I drove down there without incident. So why at this roadway was there an incident? I've driven from here to Michigan many times across I80 and I90 to Chicago without incident. Also through NJ and even NYC. Now you explain to me how a seasoned driver using two gps units for DIRECTION ASSITANCE ONLY. It was NOT driving my car. Yes. Though, when the state fails to meet their obligation of placing signage, and posting a toll booth, or even putting up a building so one can't simply just drive right on the roadway. How is this my fault? How am i guilty of anything here? I think you all best really take a deeper look at yourself. What the state is perfect? I have bad news for you. The regulations or the roadway are black and white for a reason. The signage even has to be a certain amount of feet high wide, viewing range etc. Especially at night. There are standards for those things set forth by the state. Thus, it's not my fault they didn't set those standards in place on the physical roadway.

Like I said. If you want to do a ride along with me i'd gladly show your arrogance out the door. I drive thousands of miles a month and don't have issues like this anywhere else but Philly. Before you judge perhaps you should look at both sides. What ever happened to people being unbiased and impartial.

And also, no one is perfect, not the state, not myself or that toll agent. Everyone makes mistakes. Should I be hung for it in the open square? What is this Henry the eighth? So before you go haggling me on punctuation please realize this is the internet a forum, and that I highly doubt anyone is perfect with their grammar. Every human can go to English class and get red marks all over a what was thought perfect paper. Also, if this is the only thing you are going to pass judgement on it more so shows your lack of character.

astar2002795

Last edited:

Just Blue

1. I didn't get on exactly at Valley Forge first of all. It is the nearest place I could recall of Major Significance.

2. Thus this ramp was NOT clearly marked. I will be taking photos to prove my point. I will also be getting video footage of the location in question for the obvious non believers here that just want to martyr me and think I am just a law breaker intentionally. If that was the case why would I stop to discuss anything with the toll agent as stated? Also I did state that I offered to pay the 1.60 but refused to provide my id. Since the Toll agent is NOT an officer of the law I don't feel that is required.

3. This is proven by the Toll Commission now sending me another citation threat for the full 35.25 dollar toll which I didn't even traverse. If you really lived in that area you would agree that Valley Forge which is further than where I accessed this alleged tollway was. Thus, being rude, and crude to me is really unnecessary and solves nothing. I in fact offered to pay slightly more than what was really needed by maybe a dollar or two just to make sure I didn't short change the toll agent in question.

4. The fact that he'd accept 35.25 and not the 1.60 if he agreed that's what I owe is completely wrong in mentality if that was so and I was offering to pay what I owed why am I being summoned, or threatened with a summons if I even paid the 1.60. It is not my burden of proof to be met to sign the roadway correctly.

5. There was no toll booth. If any arrogant person on here lives in the Allentown, Philly area wants to ride up and ride with me the stretch I would be more than Obliged to do so to prove your ignorance of the situation I am discussing. My fiance is from NY has lived there her whole life is the most honest person you'll ever meet and she ALSO did not see any booth, or toll regulation standard situation in place as you discuss. There where no signs stating EZ-PASS only, Cash only, or no booth I do know how to drive people come on. I am not just staring at my GPS. I am watching the road. My GPS is voice. Both of them. So before passing that judgement please take a chair.

6. As far as the agent. He declined to accept my 1.60 payment that is his fault not mine. I offered to pay any true debts owed.

7. After declining my payment offer three consecutive times in a extremely unnecessary fashion he threatened me with the police when I had merely attempted to pay my debt.

The most important one:

8. They don't have a single picture of my plate. I have a cover that prevents that. And YES i know it works. Even customs has to get out to read my plate and put it into their computers. So for the record your very WRONG sir.

Lastly before passing judgement upon someone else put yourself in their shoes.

Late, dark, unfamiliar area. Not properly signed, or marked. Not familar with EZ-PASS Express lanes.

I know you may not like this but Mistake of Fact is still a legal defense. And I firmly disagree that a 202.99 fine and charge. Plus having to pay for the full distance from 476 to Ohio, when a mere 7miles tops was traversed is insanity. First of all. Why am I paying twice here? If i'm going to court for fare evasion which my citation reads which I didn't evade anything or else why would I stop. You don't pay when you get on the tollway you pay when you exit. Even the officer is recorded admitting to this. Thus, what is the problem here? I stopped. I offered to pay. It was met by refusal. Now i'm being ordered to pay the full toll to Ohio which i not only didn't travel, I was not afforded a oportunity to obtain any such tollway ticket. Thus how is that my fault? That's their obligation to be met.

Lastly for all the people here that just want to automatically take the states side. I drove down there without incident. So why at this roadway was there an incident? I've driven from here to Michigan many times across I80 and I90 to Chicago without incident. Also through NJ and even NYC. Now you explain to me how a seasoned driver using two gps units for DIRECTION ASSITANCE ONLY. It was NOT driving my car. Yes. Though, when the state fails to meet their obligation of placing signage, and posting a toll booth, or even putting up a building so one can't simply just drive right on the roadway. How is this my fault? How am i guilty of anything here? I think you all best really take a deeper look at yourself. What the state is perfect? I have bad news for you. The regulations or the roadway are black and white for a reason. The signage even has to be a certain amount of feet high wide, viewing range etc. Especially at night. There are standards for those things set forth by the state. Thus, it's not my fault they didn't set those standards in place on the physical roadway.

Like I said. If you want to do a ride along with me i'd gladly show your arrogance out the door. I drive thousands of miles a month and don't have issues like this anywhere else but Philly. Before you judge perhaps you should look at both sides. What ever happened to people being unbiased and impartial.

And also, no one is perfect, not the state, not myself or that toll agent. Everyone makes mistakes. Should I be hung for it in the open square? What is this Henry the eighth? So before you go haggling me on punctuation please realize this is the internet a forum, and that I highly doubt anyone is perfect with their grammar. Every human can go to English class and get red marks all over a what was thought perfect paper. Also, if this is the only thing you are going to pass judgement on it more so shows your lack of character.

astar2002795
Once again...Post the fact only. We don't need to read your novella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">