• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

interview at police station

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

onrme

What is the name of your state? virginia
Hi my son has been accused by a boy of molesting my daughters. This boy who accused him is in jail for molesting my daughters. Right now he is being evaluated before going to a youth sex offenders program in our state. In the evaluation process he claims my son molested my daughters as he did. My daughters say this isnt true. I am assuming the evaluators reported what the boy in jail reported to them. A police detective and social worker came to my house today. They said they already been to my daughters school and talked to them.. They came to talk to me about bringing my son in for an interview. Earlier when the boy who did molest my daughters said this to the police I told them it was the boy getting revenge. All the boys life it has always been something my son did when ever trouble came. The boy who is convicted of this lived across the street from me for years. I am wondering what happens during an interview. Also, shouldnt my son take a polygraph. The boy who molested my daughters also did his own sister. Their family has alot of anger towards us. I m worried once the mom gets wind of this she will encourage her daughter to say my son did her daughter. I believe in my son, but this is serious. I am thinking a lie detector test will really help. Am I doing right? The detective is going to call me later tomorrow perhaps with an appointment time to bring my son in for questioning. By the way when they interviewed the boy who is convicted of this, they did interview my daughters and asked them about my son. They did believe them at that time. Could this be a follow up because of the evaluator reporting a crime of what the boy said? Any help or anyone who has been through this or has knowledge of what I should do or shouldnt do would be appreciated.

E

Elvis_is_back

Quick Question - Are you serious? If some punk molested my daughters, I would think you'd have some issues with him? Specifically, don't you want to remove some of his limbs? In regards to this whole mess - Have you consulted with an attorney? You're 100% right this is serious stuff and you need an attorney. If the kid falsely accused your son, then he's can be charged wtih an additional charge - If his mom encourages the daughter to lie, then she could be charged as well. If all goes well you could have the whole family put away. Good Luck -

O

onrme

yes i am serious

Yes I am serious. We do want to tear his limbs off and stuff them down the toilet but, he has rights. we have been informed by the police of this numerous time. He is the convict not my son. I was wondering if I should hire a lawyer. The police detective said once the polygraph is given, there will be no need to interview or test him again. This would prove that the boy in jail is lying. But, since his evaluators are a reporting agency they had to report this, and the police are bound to investigate. I hope I can get him into serious trouble for causing more harm to my family. But, someone has to keep a straight head. I am just wondering if hiring an attorney is best? My daughters say my son didnt and he says they didnt. I do believe them. But, in this day and age I dont know about the interviewers and such. I am going to contact a lawyer in regards to the boy accusing my son, and this never ending ongoing story. I have a copy of the plea agreement that the boy will initiate no contact with anyone in my family. I am starting to look at this as contact, just through a third party. I have thought about suing his family as well. Since this is where the attacks by him occured is at his house. The depth of damage this has done is unreal. Will my son taking the polygraph close this part for us? I am hoping it will clear his name and we can move on with ours lives. My daughters are 10 and 8 years old.

H

hexeliebe

Never, and I repeat NEVER, regardless of what the police tell you about 'clearing' your son, go into an interview, polygraph or other detainment situation without the advice of an attorney.

I don't care if the police think you have something to hide. You march yourself and your son into an attorney's office first thing in the morning.

You may not have anything to hide, but you have something to protect, you son's rights.

O

onrme

will talk with attorney

I know an attorney who has handled family business for us. Would this be a good place to start. I guess the question I am asking is " Is an attorney who handled some financial matters for my family a good place to go to for this situation?" One thing I have learned is that there are different types of attorneys as well as different levels of D.A.'s in the state of Virginia. So should I look specifically for a certain type of attorney? And if so should I find out if he/she can cover my area of need? What would you call this? Thanks. :confused:

kat1963

You need a criminal law attorney, preferably someone who has also worked against CPS (this might be your biggest hurtle even if criminal charges are not filed against your son!!). If in Norfolk or surrounding area try Decker, Cardon, Thomas, Weintraub & Neskis. Ask for Larry Cardon. Expensive, but this isn’t a time to cut corners. Your son can be convicted just on her testimony alone & have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. Other VA areas, I have no idea. Contact the VA Bar Association lawyer referral service 800 552-7977 approximately $35.00 for a half hour consult.

You really need to consider moving. I believe your instincts are right. The woman is going to convince the other daughter to say your son touched her….in order to *save her brother*. She is plotting her revenge. Also, who knows what the little nut job will do to your daughters when he is released!! Go with your gut! Have a yard sale, pawn the family jewels, cash in the stock, bonds, 401K’s, beg & borrow from family. You need to distance yourself & family from the situation immediately along with having powerful legal representation.

Good Luck!

KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">