• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Items taken during raid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

viknrobert

What is the name of your state? Washington
My house was raided and several people were arrested and charged. However finally after 5 months in county jail they dropped the charges against my husband and released him. I have written the court to ask them to give the sheriff's office permission to release our property back to us and have heard nothing. I mailed my request over 4 weeks ago. Since then I have called and left a message for a return call to no avail. How long can they hold my stuff and or string me along?

TYRIS

viknrobert said:
What is the name of your state? Washington
My house was raided and several people were arrested and charged. However finally after 5 months in county jail they dropped the charges against my husband and released him. I have written the court to ask them to give the sheriff's office permission to release our property back to us and have heard nothing. I mailed my request over 4 weeks ago. Since then I have called and left a message for a return call to no avail. How long can they hold my stuff and or string me along?

-it depends on if the items taken are being used as evidence agianst the other people arrested. if not, contact the district attorneys office and request items be returned.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">