• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jail records of detention - how to get proof of incarceration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jailrecords

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California -

Question: If someone was arrested and spent 4-5 days in jail and then bailed out. Then was later charged with crimes that were committed while in jail. What proof would be available to provide for evidence that you were in jail? Obviously a log from the jail records would be the first place too look. But what if the record that the jail has is wrong? Is this possible and if so how hard would it be to change the record? Friend of mine was in jail for atleast 5 days because I was there when he was arrested and when he got out. But according to the jail records they have him listed as only in jail for two days shortly after midnight 1240 intake and next day 840 pm released. He bailed out and went to court and subsequently took a plea deal for crimes that he was charged with but according to the filing of the charges the dates the crimes were committed he was in jail. I know this for a fact cuz I was there. Since the record from the jail says different how does one prove that it is wrong?

I was thinking mug shots finger prints, classification interview, other inmates, head count, property list -- How possible is it that all of these records could be wrong as well? What would be the best way to get the proof he needs?

Thanks for your help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California -

Question: If someone was arrested and spent 4-5 days in jail and then bailed out. Then was later charged with crimes that were committed while in jail. What proof would be available to provide for evidence that you were in jail? Obviously a log from the jail records would be the first place too look. But what if the record that the jail has is wrong? Is this possible and if so how hard would it be to change the record? Friend of mine was in jail for atleast 5 days because I was there when he was arrested and when he got out. But according to the jail records they have him listed as only in jail for two days shortly after midnight 1240 intake and next day 840 pm released. He bailed out and went to court and subsequently took a plea deal for crimes that he was charged with but according to the filing of the charges the dates the crimes were committed he was in jail. I know this for a fact cuz I was there. Since the record from the jail says different how does one prove that it is wrong?

I was thinking mug shots finger prints, classification interview, other inmates, head count, property list -- How possible is it that all of these records could be wrong as well? What would be the best way to get the proof he needs?

Thanks for your help.
His attorney would be the best person for him to speak with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">