• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jail or rehab

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chiloe11

What is the name of your state? florida

my brother is a drug addict and has been arrested 4 times including last night..1st 2 times let go ,3rd released to a homeless rehab.in the rehab he was given drugs,taught how to manipulate the system,allowed to walk off property, and driven to his dealers house and allowed to enter unsupervisied...eventually he was lft by an employee of the rehab @ his dealers and never returned. here is the question who do you blame the drug addict or the system who put himthere.how can you get help if you are given so much room to move. this is the problem he was arrested last night and added 3 felony drug charges to his already 4 warrents. the courts are going to xfer from drug court to felony court ..rehab or jail..but should they based on the events

Last edited:

H

hexeliebe

Are you sure? Well, I guess it depends on if you're in jail or on a rehab program.

C

chiloe11

what help is he going to get there..i know they have programs there but he isnt a violent crimnal..lock dn program is what he needs but that was only offered if he turned himself in..would you?

H

hexeliebe

It doesn't matter what I would do. What matters is this:

Does he (whoever he is) want to get help or get out of the situation?

There are a lot of times when people who have been caught doing drugs come here to try to beat the system. And they get no help because they don't deserve help.

On the other hand, some people come here who have abused drugs and want help to get rid of the problem.

And that's the decision HE has to make. Either way, there's going to be time behind a lock and key. The result is either a bitter ex-con or a human being free of drugs and ready to begin a future.

C

chiloe11

He (who is my brother) is in a bad situation and needs help. he is influenced by terrible drug addict scum bags..lives house to house dropped out of school and hasnt had a steady job ever. ppl say until he wants help you cant help him well he is my family and i want him to get help if he likes it or not and for the system to keep slapping his hand he thinks its ok

H

hexeliebe

Sorry I haven't been back sooner Chloe, had to clean out some cat cages.

Listen, the other people you've spoken with are right. As a former drug abuser and current alcoholic (24 years sober) I can tell you that you can't help someone who doesn't want help.

Therefore, you have only two options. You can wait until your brother is holding less than a gram of whatever he's doing and then call the police, have him arrested and show up at his trial asking the court to please help him.

OR, you can do nothing and pray he lives through it and learns.

Either way, he's going to hate you ....the first option is that he may grow up, clean up his act and learn to thank you for caring enough to help. Or he'll hate you for a long, healthy lifetime.

My advice is for you to get counseling. And pray that you survive this.

C

chiloe11

Thank you for the lift....I've tried to have him picked up buts its hard when he is not in the same place too long. What I didnt want is for him to be arrested, I wanted him to turn himself in ( per judges rqst we speak on occasion) however I cannot rearrange my life for him. I will go to the hearing and pled incompetence on the rehad facility and see how that goes. Its been 4 yrs now.

H

hexeliebe

Good Luck Chloe and you're right, you can't destroy your life for anyone. All you can do is your best.

Keep me posted. You can find my e-mail address by clicking on members and typing in my name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">