• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judges have fun too....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seniorjudge

Judge apologizes for leading Super Bowl cheer in court
Topics: Criminal Super Bowl Stupid Judge
By: The Associated Press on 02-07

The judge who led her courtroom in a Super Bowl cheer before a manslaughter sentencing hearing has issued an apology to the victim's family, prosecutors and others in the court.

Pierce County Superior Court Judge Beverly G. Grant had said she was just trying to ease tensions Friday when she asked everyone to say "Go Seahawks" before starting the hearing.

On Monday, after drawing heavy criticism, Grant said she never meant to hurt anyone's feelings and issued the apology.

"I take full responsibility, particularly as it has impacted the Patricelli family, the judiciary system and others," Grant wrote. "I have consistently tried to treat everyone in my court with dignity, fairness and respect ... my sincere regrets to all."

Grant resentenced Steve Keo Teang at the hearing to 13 1/2 years in prison for the shooting death of Tino Patricelli during a fight outside a tavern.

After the hearing, Sheriff's deputies and lawyers said they were embarrassed by the cheer for the Seattle Seahawks, and Patricelli's stepmother, Kathy Patricelli, said she was offended.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://lawnews.freeadvice.com/n9522_Judge_apologizes_for_leading_Super_Bowl_cheer_in_court.htm

outonbail

Hey, at least she didn't expose her jewelry adorned breast during a recess!

Football is all about teams of steroid induced, muscle men. Who receive large paychecks for utilizing their violent tendencies and brute strength to bust heads and crush quarterbacks,,,,, all of which is much more fitting along with the lines of violent crime than are bare breasts, which tend to be just plain distracting at such events.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">