• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jurisdiction question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moose444

What is the name of your state? NY

Can a police officer from a neighboring town cross town lines to look for someone to speak with? I thought this was a jurisdiction thing

moose444

Are the police allowed to call you and say "if you don't come in and talk to me, I will arrest you".. I asked on what charges and he said he will explain after he slaps the cuffs on me?

Silverplum

Are the police allowed to call you and say "if you don't come in and talk to me, I will arrest you".. I asked on what charges and he said he will explain after he slaps the cuffs on me?
If this is your plan of defense, you're screwed.

lwpat

Or they can come and kick your door in. Usually about 5 pm on Friday so you have to sit in jail all weekend. If you are concerned have an attorney call him on your behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">