• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jury duty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dlplaw

What is the name of your state?NY

I got a letter/application form for a future jury duty.

Asking me to send the copy of all immigration documents. I am a GC holder/

Should I fill those and send it back"

Do they take GC holders for jury duty??

<Bill>

I would send it but I would be surprised if they take green card holders. The citizenship tests covers the whole "Bill of Rights" stuff a GH might not know.

D

dlplaw

It might be a mistake , i heard that they r sendin this out to randomly selected ppl,

But anyway , I have to send the application back right???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

If you don't send it back, you'll be getting a knock at your door from the INS to take you out of this country. But, if you do send it back, after you serve on a jury, you'll be required to leave the country. Either way, you're going back home.

See how easy it is to find foreigners?

IAAL

<Bill>

dlplaw said:
It might be a mistake , i heard that they r sending this out to randomly selected ppl,

But anyway , I have to send the application back right???
Yes send it, because you could be charged with contempt of court (disobeying a court order) if you don't. That's an extreme example, most the time they would figure the person moved but it would be returned to sender.

D

dlplaw

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

You are ok right???, Take care of yourself

D

dlplaw

<Bill> said:
Yes send it, because you could be charged with contempt of court (disobeying a court order) if you don't. That's an extreme example, most the time they would figure the person moved but it would be returned to sender.
Thanks Bill . I will do that

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">