• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just curious whats the hold up ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i_am_curious

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Southcarolina
Ok so i was arrested after being pulled over in traffic went to arraignment which i was released on bail , then had a preliminary hearing like 15-20 days after in which i plead not guilty i had been going to general sessions for roll call for a couple months , at which a prosecutor told me to not worry about coming back unless i got a letter in the mail, well now 5 years later and i just got a letter to come to court for what i am guessing is pretrial , any idea why this has taken so long to get a letter to court and everyone i ask or talk to says this amount of time is really odd , my bondsman has been confused over it for the last few years also , and spoke to me about how strange it was can you offer me any information to what probably is going on ? Thanks in advance

p.s. at preliminary hearing the prosecution admitted to having no dna evidence or witness's , if that helps .

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ok so i was arrested after being pulled over in traffic went to arraignment which i was released on bail , then had a preliminary hearing like 15-20 days after in which i plead not guilty i had been going to general sessions for roll call for a couple months , at which a prosecutor told me to not worry about coming back unless i got a letter in the mail, well now 5 years later and i just got a letter to come to court for what i am guessing is pretrial , any idea why this has taken so long to get a letter to court and everyone i ask or talk to says this amount of time is really odd , my bondsman has been confused over it for the last few years also , and spoke to me about how strange it was can you offer me any information to what probably is going on ? Thanks in advance

p.s. at preliminary hearing the prosecution admitted to having no dna evidence or witness's , if that helps .
There's really no way we can even begin to guess. I would suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney.

AdjunctFL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? p.s. at preliminary hearing the prosecution admitted to having no dna evidence or witness's , if that helps .
Pulled over for what? It would be highly unusual for DNA evidence to be relevant in a mere traffic stop.

quincy

Pulled over for what? It would be highly unusual for DNA evidence to be relevant in a mere traffic stop.
i_am_ curious said he was pulled over "in traffic" and arrested. This was not a mere traffic stop, in other words.

I suspect there is far more to the story than what has been told.

Just Blue

You need to ONLY discuss this with your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">