• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This just does'nt pan out...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IMPAQT

Ok, on Monday, Jan. 16th of 2006, two undercover detectives came to my girlfriends home(i am currently living with her). When i answered the door, they asked if she(girlfriend) was here. I told them to hold on, she was in the bed. I had no idea they were officers. I thought maybe they were a couple of her friends, due to the fact they had plain clothes on. I got her up, and she looked out the window, and told me she didnt know them. As i went back to the door to tell them to leave, the one undercover pulled his badge from underneath his shirt. After showing the badge, he asked me if he could enter the home. I asked why, and he stated that he "only wanted to talk to her". I told him, NO, that it wasnt MY house per-say, and that he would have to wait for her to allow them to enter. She came out and approached them at the door, i didnt actually hear her say they could enter, because i was sitting at the computer, which about 15 feet away, behind a walkway, turning the music off. So, the next thing i know i see them enter around the corner. They then told her they only wanted to talk to her. They did not read her any maranda rights. They began by asking her about certain individuals who she might know who sell drugs(possibly to get her to wear a wire). She told them no, that she didnt. After more questions on the same subject, she began getting frustrated, and got rude. The one undercover cop said "i dont have to listen to your mouth", yanked her up, put her in handcuffs. He then proceeded by telling her to sit down, but before she could, he grabbed her by the arms, aggresively, and while grabbing her, took the cushions off the coutch(probably to check for a weapon), and then pretty much slammed her onto the couch. Then, after getting REAL irate with her(and pissing me off on the sidelines), He then started writing a citation.

He wrote(from my memory): In the Month of December, 2005, an agent working with Owensboro Street Crimes Unit, purchased marijuana and xanaxs from Amy Doe @ 123 Anywhere Street, Owensboro, KY 42xxx. All purchases were controlled buys within the home of said subject. Detective also said the subjects kids were present in the room while they buys were being executed.

Keep in mind, the kids are in thier room at the time of arrest. The undercover then rpoceeded to call Children & Family Services. 30 minutes later they show up, take the kids, take my girlfriend to jail.

What justification do the police have for taking my gilfriend to jail, if the "so-called" buys were not made at the time of arrest? How can they arrest her, on the fact they came just to "ask her some questions", and not reading her her maranda rights? I was witness to the whole account, other than her actually allowing them into the home.

*Also* While all this is going on, after he slammed her onto the couch, the other detective, which didnt say anything the whole time, picks up my ashtray, and starts sifting through it. My girlfriend said, "you dont have any right searching my trhough my stuff". The detective said "well, its in plain-sight, i can search it, and you better hope i dont find a seed, stem, or roach in this ashtray". So, after sifting he DOES find a roach, but its a cigarette roach(cheaper sometimes to roll em ;) ). He then said "whats this?" I said well, i roll cigarettes all the time, but he didnt ask, nor did i produce anything that suggested that i do roll cigarettes. He simply ignored it and dropped it back into the ashtray. Now, i thought that plain-sight ment that if you actually SEE something that suggests probable cause. Not Just simply because there is a ashtray in plain-sight, that you cant just start sifting through it, HOPING to find some kind of incriminating evidence. Am i right? All while not having any kind of search warrent or warrent for arrest either?

She did 7 days and they released her on her on O.R., which is based on a point system here. This system determines if you are released from jail, or to remain in jail until bail is satisfied, or if not bailed, until a court hearing. The higher the points you have, the more likely you are to be released on your O.R.(own recognizance). I think the max you can get is 16. She got a score of 14+. No flight-risk, hasent commited any offences in years, and only a petty possesion of marijuana charge, back in the 80's. And it was a roach:p

It sounds to me like a bogus, he-say-she-say kinda deal. But i would like to know if anyone has been in this kind of situation, or if you have any insight or information as to what can or should be done about the fact that:

A.)They stated they wanted to ask questions, asked her questions, but didnt read her her maranda rights.

B.)They arrested her, not on the basis of a drug deal being made at the home at the time of arrest, but from over one month earlier(which is still to be proven, cause i know she smokes, but i also know she doesnt traffic it -sells nor gives away.

Charges were:

Two counts of trafficing a controlled substance within 1000 tards of a school, as staed on the citation wrote during her arrest.

If you read it all i thank your for taking the time to get involed and help me out. Much appreciated.

HomeGuru

IMPAQT said:
Ok, on Monday, Jan. 16th of 2006, two undercover detectives came to my girlfriends home(i am currently living with her). When i answered the door, they asked if she(girlfriend) was here. I told them to hold on, she was in the bed. I had no idea they were officers. I thought maybe they were a couple of her friends, due to the fact they had plain clothes on. I got her up, and she looked out the window, and told me she didnt know them. As i went back to the door to tell them to leave, the one undercover pulled his badge from underneath his shirt. After showing the badge, he asked me if he could enter the home. I asked why, and he stated that he "only wanted to talk to her". I told him, NO, that it wasnt MY house per-say, and that he would have to wait for her to allow them to enter. She came out and approached them at the door, i didnt actually hear her say they could enter, because i was sitting at the computer, which about 15 feet away, behind a walkway, turning the music off. So, the next thing i know i see them enter around the corner. They then told her they only wanted to talk to her. They did not read her any maranda rights. They began by asking her about certain individuals who she might know who sell drugs(possibly to get her to wear a wire). She told them no, that she didnt. After more questions on the same subject, she began getting frustrated, and got rude. The one undercover cop said "i dont have to listen to your mouth", yanked her up, put her in handcuffs. He then proceeded by telling her to sit down, but before she could, he grabbed her by the arms, aggresively, and while grabbing her, took the cushions off the coutch(probably to check for a weapon), and then pretty much slammed her onto the couch. Then, after getting REAL irate with her(and pissing me off on the sidelines), He then started writing a citation.

He wrote(from my memory): In the Month of December, 2005, an agent working with Owensboro Street Crimes Unit, purchased marijuana and xanaxs from Amy Doe @ 123 Anywhere Street, Owensboro, KY 42xxx. All purchases were controlled buys within the home of said subject. Detective also said the subjects kids were present in the room while they buys were being executed.

Keep in mind, the kids are in thier room at the time of arrest. The undercover then rpoceeded to call Children & Family Services. 30 minutes later they show up, take the kids, take my girlfriend to jail.

What justification do the police have for taking my gilfriend to jail, if the "so-called" buys were not made at the time of arrest? How can they arrest her, on the fact they came just to "ask her some questions", and not reading her her maranda rights? I was witness to the whole account, other than her actually allowing them into the home.

*Also* While all this is going on, after he slammed her onto the couch, the other detective, which didnt say anything the whole time, picks up my ashtray, and starts sifting through it. My girlfriend said, "you dont have any right searching my trhough my stuff". The detective said "well, its in plain-sight, i can search it, and you better hope i dont find a seed, stem, or roach in this ashtray". So, after sifting he DOES find a roach, but its a cigarette roach(cheaper sometimes to roll em ;) ). He then said "whats this?" I said well, i roll cigarettes all the time, but he didnt ask, nor did i produce anything that suggested that i do roll cigarettes. He simply ignored it and dropped it back into the ashtray. Now, i thought that plain-sight ment that if you actually SEE something that suggests probable cause. Not Just simply because there is a ashtray in plain-sight, that you cant just start sifting through it, HOPING to find some kind of incriminating evidence. Am i right? All while not having any kind of search warrent or warrent for arrest either?

She did 7 days and they released her on her on O.R., which is based on a point system here. This system determines if you are released from jail, or to remain in jail until bail is satisfied, or if not bailed, until a court hearing. The higher the points you have, the more likely you are to be released on your O.R.(own recognizance). I think the max you can get is 16. She got a score of 14+. No flight-risk, hasent commited any offences in years, and only a petty possesion of marijuana charge, back in the 80's. And it was a roach:p

It sounds to me like a bogus, he-say-she-say kinda deal. But i would like to know if anyone has been in this kind of situation, or if you have any insight or information as to what can or should be done about the fact that:

A.)They stated they wanted to ask questions, asked her questions, but didnt read her her maranda rights.

B.)They arrested her, not on the basis of a drug deal being made at the home at the time of arrest, but from over one month earlier(which is still to be proven, cause i know she smokes, but i also know she doesnt traffic it -sells nor gives away.

Charges were:

Two counts of trafficing a controlled substance within 1000 tards of a school, as staed on the citation wrote during her arrest.

If you read it all i thank your for taking the time to get involed and help me out. Much appreciated.

**A: thanks for writing. My advice is to find a new girlfriend.

justalayman

So what is the problem. If the did not reas her her rights, the only thing it would effect is what she told them that day. If they don't want to use anything she said when they arrested her, then it is a moot point.

As far as anything else; apparently they have some evidence you are not aware of. She will get to go to court and have a trial to dispute the charges.

What else would you like?

BTW the charge of selling near a school,,,,,,,,not good.:eek:

racer72

A. They didn't have to, she wasn't under arrest at the time.

B. The SOL for such an arrest is 2 years. They were well within the time limit.

C. Tell her to hire a good attorney. And find a better girlfriend.

Litigation!

My response:

I just love it when druggies get into trouble with the law!

Oh, well . . . So much for paying the rent this month!

And, she can say "Bye-Bye" to her kids.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

IAAL

IMPAQT

racer72 said:
B. The SOL for such an arrest is 2 years. They were well within the time limit.
Statue of Limitations = SOL?

Also, what about when he searched my ashtray?

I asked for any LEGAL help with the matter, not retarded comments from critics. I dont mean to be rude, but im here for some serious legal advice, not opinions.

**EDITED**PLEASE, read the WHOLE thing before you state your advice. Just skimming through it and only seeing what you want to comment on, is NOT what i need. Because from my understanding, this forums is for people to get legal help.

Last edited:

Litigation!

IMPAQT said:
SOL?

Also, what about when he searched my ashtray?

I asked for any LEGAL help with the matter, not retarded comments from critics. I dont mean to be rude, but im here for some serious legal advice, not opinions.

My response:

Yeah, we know. But, with children, she should have thought about their safety and well-being before she decided to sell drugs. Now, she's going to lose everything (except you, because you love druggies), including her children.

Tough luck, eh?

IAAL

Litigation!

My response:

Why would we want to help a druggie? She's only going to continue violating the law . . . so, what's the use?

IAAL

IMPAQT

Litigation! said:
My response:

Why would we want to help a druggie? She's only going to continue violating the law . . . so, what's the use?

IAAL
Dude. Just dont reply. I cant believe there are children present in these forums!?!? Sheesh man, grow up, nobodys perfect, and when drugs are used in moderation, you arent a druggie. Lemme ask you this? Do you drink? Do you smoke cigarettes? If so, then you are the same Druggie as she is. Dont go off patronizing someone because for one, shes prescribed the pills, and has NEVER sold them. I been with my old lady for 6 years. If you dont have anything worth valuse to say, then shut your hole and move on to another thread.:mad:

Litigation!

IMPAQT said:
Dude. Just dont reply. I cant believe there are children present in these forums!?!? Sheesh man, grow up, nobodys perfect, and when drugs are used in moderation, you arent a druggie. Lemme ask you this? Do you drink? Do you smoke cigarettes? If so, then you are the same Druggie as she is. Dont go off patronizing someone because for one, shes prescribed the pills, and has NEVER sold them. I been with my old lady for 6 years. If you dont have anything worth valuse to say, then shut your hole and move on to another thread.:mad:

My response:

Getting a little testy, aren't we? When you and she use illicit drugs, like marijuana and meth, you are druggies. Make no mistake about it. That's why you get police visiting your home. You see, that's a big indicator.

You're also endangering the children - - not that they won't grow up and become druggies too, but that's beside the point. The point is, right now, the children will be taken from her - - forever.

Smoking and drinking are legal. What you and the skank are doing is illegal. That's why she was dragged off to jail in handcuffs. That's why she'll be prosecuted, and that's why she'll lose the children.

Don't you understand? You're both losers!

IAAL

IMPAQT

Litigation! said:
My response:

Getting a little testy, aren't we? When you and she use illicit drugs, like marijuana and meth, you are druggies. Make no mistake about it. That's why you get police visiting your home. You see, that's a big indicator.

You're also endangering the children - - not that they won't grow up and become druggies too, but that's beside the point. The point is, right now, the children will be taken from her - - forever.

Smoking and drinking are legal. What you and the skank are doing is illegal. That's why she was dragged off to jail in handcuffs. That's why she'll be prosecuted, and that's why she'll lose the children.

Don't you understand? You're both losers!

IAAL
You fail to realize, she hasnt smoked weed in 10 years. I been with her the last 6. Two children together. We arent married because she went through a divorce and we mutually agreed it would be better to just be "together". Your such a child. Her mother has the kids, and shes getting them back if this is all a fiasco(which im pretty sure it is, peopel in this sh*tty city just like to make things up if they get mad at them. I did 4 months in jail just because someone said i committed a crime with them. No evidence. Nothing at the crime scene. Nothing on the stolen item. Just his word. Only reason i did 4 months is because i was on probation for recieving a stolen itme from someone, when i had no f*cking idea it was stolen). We dont and wont smoke weed. We drink alittle and smoke cigarettes. So, if you would like to add anything that would help with what happened when they entered our home, and the search, then please speak, if not shut up. Must be nice making yourself look like a complete idiot. And what i said about using it in moderation, yea i smoked before, so what?!?! And if you havent even thought or tryed it would mean you were pampered all your life in some secluded jungle in South America... Grow a brain, learn how to read, make more of a sound judgement before you go making statements about people that are merely based on your propaganda of "Weed is bad" I feel weed is good when its used in medical uses. I smoked, been there, done that. Im 26 now, i have responsibilities and a life. Go back to Sesame Street with your crap. Its people like you who ruin forums like this. Move on noob.

Last edited:

Litigation!

IMPAQT said:
You fail to realize, she hasnt smoked weed in 10 years. Move on noob.

My response:

Yeah, and that's why the cops came to arrest her. We believe you!

The kids will love her too, as they go to someone else for the rest of their lives.

Talk about a noob!

IAAL

IMPAQT

Litigation! said:
My response:

The kids will love her too, as they go to someone else for the rest of their lives.

Talk about a noob!

IAAL
*EDITED* You know what, im not even gonan play the kidde game of pansy schoolgirl drama with you. Just listen and understand.

Back in 2003, cant recall the date offhand. Was working like a madman, so i didnt pay much attention to time then, just work 18 hours a day, 7 days a week. One day in the month of August? I get home from work. Friend comes over. Hes on a dirtbike. I asked him, "where u get the bike" cause i know he doesnt have one, but he has had bikes all his life. He told me he borred it from his cousin. Im thinking Ok, cousin has bikes, seen em, rided em. He asked me if i wanted to go riding around. This is the country. Owensboro. Population est. 50,000. Thats with outlaying sub-divisions. Cool. I go for a ride with him. We did about 10 miles i say. He dropped me off, i told him cool sh*t, nice bike, ill call you in a while. Next day, detectives call. Wanting to take a statement about a robbery. I say, Ok, cool, ill be here all day tomarrow, ill call off work. He said that was fine. I satyed home that whole day. He never came. I called him at his office. Answering machine. about 15 attempts within a 7 day period. Nothing. Left messages where i was, where i worked, who lived with me, what kind of car i drive. Held nothing back. No calls back. One month passes, i get off work. I take the old lady to a friends, i come home and theres 4 cop cars sitting outside my house. I stop, they draw thier guns. Im like.... ooooook. Shut the car off immediatley, and put hands up. He asked me my name(wierd?) I told him. He said "Its who were looking for right here". Makes me get out, handcuffs me. Pats me down, searches the car. Nothing. Went to jail. They had NOTHING. Not a shread of physical evidence linking me to anything to the crime. Ive made NUMEROUS complaints about it to higher courts. Nothing. Commonwelth state my friend. I spent 4 months of my life locked down for nothing. Care to explain how this is possible, or are you to busy letting your smaller head take over your judgement???

Last edited:

Just Blue

Litigation! said:
My response:

Talk about a noob!

IAAL
What is a noob, IAAL?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">