• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just found out that I have a 14+ year old warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ITravelTheSouth

What is the name of your state? Currently Texas

So I was pulled over today and the officer told me that I have a warrant issued for me in the State of Oregon. He told me that I needed to contact the courts where the warrant was issued. Problem is I have no idea where that would be at. I have no idea what this warrant is for either.

I've only been in trouble with the law once, when I was 18, and I did pay my debt. I left Oregon shortly after I got off of probation. I honestly don't know what to do with this. I'm hoping that someone here can help me start to sort this out.

JETX

1) Contact the original court in Oregon and ask them.
2) Failing that, contact the agency in Texas and ask them to give you information on the warrant.

AhhCRAPP

What is the name of your state? Currently Texas

So I was pulled over today and the officer told me that I have a warrant issued for me in the State of Oregon. He told me that I needed to contact the courts where the warrant was issued. Problem is I have no idea where that would be at. I have no idea what this warrant is for either.

I've only been in trouble with the law once, when I was 18, and I did pay my debt. I left Oregon shortly after I got off of probation. I honestly don't know what to do with this. I'm hoping that someone here can help me start to sort this out.
so the cop confirmed that you have a warrant out for you and they didnt arrest you?

JOliver

so the cop confirmed that you have a warrant out for you and they didnt arrest you?
It's probably a bench warrant or something minor.

If it was a felony warrant bet they would have kept O/P.

Plus if they do detain O/P the issuer of the warrant has to agree to pick up the O/P. I don't think they'd be doing that for a petty misdemeanor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">