• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Justice Dept. obtaining info from my consumer report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PTBF

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I wasnt sure where to put this but anyway...

I was just checking my credit report and noticed this under Account Review Inquiries...

OR DEPT OF JUSTICE ADMIN Requested on: 10/2006
1495 EDGEWATER NW
SALEM , OR 97304
(800) 850-0228

Anyone have any ideas on why they'd be requesting information from my credit report or how I can go about finding this out?

My criminal history is pretty much just a DUII from 1997 that was all taken care of by 2000 and I dont owe the state any money on taxes or child support.

Im guessing it's probably nothing but it's got me curious.

Last edited:

PTBF

The 800# is an automated line for child support services. I wasn't able to get a hold of a real person.

I don't have any kids, as far as I know!

Hmmm... I just realized that a friend of mine moved in at around that time and lived here for a couple months. He does have a kid and I think he's supposed to be paying child support. (no idea if he is or not). Maybe it has something to do with that. But I don't understand why my name would be involved with his situation.

Last edited:

CdwJava

There could have been something related to your friend ... it might have been related to an investigation for his delinquency (if he is in arrears).

You can Google "FCRA" on the internet and you will receive all sorts of links for info.

AND, here is a link to Oregon's Division of Child Support Services:

http://dcs.state.or.us/

Your inquiry was apparently made through the West Salem office.

- Carl

PTBF

Thanks for the information. I think I'll try to get a hold of them on Monday and see what the deal is. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my friend. I don't think he was paying child support for awhile because he moved and didn't have a job for a couple months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">