• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile assault and theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IgnorantWT

What is the name of your state? ohio
I'm not sure which category to put this under since I didn't see a juv. board. My girlfriend's son, 14, was in a group of people that stole a bb gun from a store. He got in a fight when one other youth in his group tried to steal a bike from a kid. He put the bb gun to the kid's head. He was taken in and charged with assault, theft and a few other charges. I'd like to know what counseling, if any, we should find and any action we can take for his benefit. He admitted to it all. I'd like to know what we could expect , also.

M

MY MD JD

Hello!

Well to make this short and sweet you need to get this boy some help. A psychiatrist will be able to evaluate this boy the best and if needed prescribe meds. It is really troubling to know that at 14 that the only way he can find away to resolve his problems is to point a gun in someone’s face. As for the trouble he's in it really doesn’t matter you should let him take his punishment and learn from his very bad mistake.

MD

I

IgnorantWT

Should she seek an attorney for his defense or take prosecution without representation?

M

MY MD JD

Its up to her!!!

Its up to her. Well an attorney can talk to the DA about a somewhat better deal but if this happens this kid still will need some help with his problems and he might not learn anything from it. Depending on how hes being charged would depend on if he needs an attorney. Let me know how he is being charged he might be ok pleading no contest.

MY MD JD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">