• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile Injustice???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Inusphere

What is the name of your state? IN. An 18 yr old got some children in a mess with very serious charges They are being detained for NO LESS than $4,247.00 per month (31 days) for EACH CHILD (going on 2 months at this point) for possibly 2 to 5 more years.... Yet the 18 year old is out of jail on a big $1,000.00 bond Are these "fees" parents are being charged justifiable? What to do ?? Any suggestions??

B

Boxcarbill

Let me say that if you are to have any hope of getting anything remotely resembling a relevant answer you are going to have to get rid of the vagueness and state exactly what the children were charged with and exactly who is holding them and whether this "monthly" amount is restitution for the offense or a fine or what. Focus and be specific.

I

Inusphere

more info

they are charged with recklessness with a gun in city limits two counts Class D felony two counts class A misdemeanor (other info see other post from Inusphere) The charges $$ are only for detention holding not counting court costs or restitution etc. Before they plead guilty they were not told of any minimum or maximum time for each count questionable double jeopardy in charges probation took us in a room threatened to put lean on home, garnish wages (husband disabled) if we didnt sign a paper saying we would repay $4,856.00 for detaining 1 child from 4/7 -5/12/03 and $137.00 per day thereafter.....which for the first month $4,856.00 we had to agree to pay $100 per month for nearly 5 years any other charges for detention will be added monthly When they plead guilty 5/12/03 they were sent back to detention papers that are supposed to be filed within 2 weeks probation said will take 5 weeks ( to figure how much TIME they want them to spend till 18 or 21) The judge said prior to this court date that he wanted home incarceration checked into and if available (which it is here) that that is what he wanted probation want detention which is $3,867.00 higher per month We live in the poorest county in the state and even if my husband and I worked we couldn't afford the prices they are "charging" to detain 1 child!!! I am not saying these kids should get off with nothing but da** be fair the adult that made all this mess possible is out on $1,000.00 bond .......if the crime is so serious to hold these kids for possible years why is his bond so cheap??????? I found this site two days ago and it has helped tremendously with court issues wish I had found it sooner they have not been sentenced yet, and have no idea what they are looking at time wise....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">